porporching valve ? - 460 Ford Forum
General Tech A place to discuss general tech regarding chassis, transmission, tires, suspension, non-460, etc

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

porporching valve ?

Hi hope I spelled it right? Can the switch be cleaned or rebuilt? Mine is flashing and I've had the brakes looked at and spent 900.oo on really unneeded brake work ( pedal was not squishy, hard or brakes pulling just the light was flashing,) just because it was close needed rotors I knew they were bad but not shot totally.. but there is NO connection between the idiot light and the pads or any of the hardware. car is a 1975. so its just park brake light or fluid valve.. light still flashing.. I unplug the p valve and the light quits flashing and the park brake light still works so the problem is the valve switch. I knew better than letting them working on it. Every time I have a shop work on my stuff I get shafted.... and it cost a ton of money... and it took them all day to do just my front disc and pads, I went in at 10:30 they got the car in the shop at about 11 and I didn't get home till like 4 pm.??? I stayed and watched.. kid was knowledgeable without much help from the foreman didn't fully collapse the calipers and was fighting to get the bolts back in the caliper mounts a very long time..
thanks
tim

61 Comet W/200
http://s82.photobucket.com/user/peda...tml?sort=6&o=0
64 International 4dr. truck w/545 stroker
76 Plymouth fury, 76 Olds, 84 Ranger and 56 CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'd check the rubber hoses for expansion when braking....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

(If this is a '75 Ford vehicle) See if there is an issue with the parking brake switch wire, it along with the proportioning valve warning switch can activate the dash mounted light. Never have seen a 70's Ford dash brake light flash unless there is a sub-par connection, always found them to be a steady illumination when an issue arises or when the parking brake is depressed. Hope this helps.

www.supermotors.net/22468

Yeah, it's a hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks somebody, somewhere is tired of her sh#t.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Tim can you post a picture of the valve and its location.
It sounds like a pressure switch in your circuit and often they get dirty and don't sense the pressure correctly which leads to the flashing light.
You should be able to remove it and clean it with some brake clean. The proportioning valve will usually give you unequal brake bias if it fails.
Since you don't claim to have any obvious pulling or single wheels locking up I would think assume the valve is ok.

tim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Tim can you post a picture of the valve and its location.
It sounds like a pressure switch in your circuit and often they get dirty and don't sense the pressure correctly which leads to the flashing light.
You should be able to remove it and clean it with some brake clean. The proportioning valve will usually give you unequal brake bias if it fails.
Since you don't claim to have any obvious pulling or single wheels locking up I would think assume the valve is ok.

tim
Hi, thanks all Ok good it can be cleaned, now it won't leak fluid when I take it out to clean well it? I've check a couple of stores and Rock Auto and no one has one (the P valve) or lists one. I'm Sorry its not an Ford .. its my 75 Fury valve is under hood on drivers side fender below master cylider.

Thanks again
tim

61 Comet W/200
64 International 4dr. truck w/545 stroker
76 Plymouth fury, 76 Olds, 84 Ranger and 56 CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in