2000 Ford Ranger Build - Page 29 - 460 Ford Forum
Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #421 of 431 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

I don't like the way the Ranger lower control arm bracketry sticks so far into the lower area, like were the oil pan is. I know you did a good job on relieving the front crossmember, but I just wonder about another application for a chassis other than an S-10. Some of the Dakota Chassis (2000-2002) look clean and it appears the engine would sit low in the frame. They (Dodge) had the V8 in mind with their development.

I'm not sure if I could put a GM (Chevy) part on my Ford, but that may be my head problem. LOL.

I know exactly your reasoning with the financial purchasing of parts, most of us , well, at least me go thru that. That is the primary reason for looking for a late model chassis. Otherwise I would just order up an Alston or S&W 'rolling'.

Thanks for the answers, that is what I was thinking in the way of a response. Thanks.

In looking at the chassis / Frame builders, their front clip, rear clip, side rails are the inexpensive part. When you start adding control arms, spindles. rack and pinion, ladder bars, that is what really runs the cost up. Like a Fatman Mustang II crossmember--Loaded-- is over $2000. I hope I'm not wrecking your thread, but I was really interested in your opinion.

Project "Indigestion" 1964 Fairlane BBF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 431 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jimbo, have you been back to the track yet?
post #423 of 431 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
I don't like the way the Ranger lower control arm bracketry sticks so far into the lower area, like were the oil pan is. I know you did a good job on relieving the front crossmember, but I just wonder about another application for a chassis other than an S-10. Some of the Dakota Chassis (2000-2002) look clean and it appears the engine would sit low in the frame. They (Dodge) had the V8 in mind with their development.

I'm not sure if I could put a GM (Chevy) part on my Ford, but that may be my head problem. LOL.

I know exactly your reasoning with the financial purchasing of parts, most of us , well, at least me go thru that. That is the primary reason for looking for a late model chassis. Otherwise I would just order up an Alston or S&W 'rolling'.

Thanks for the answers, that is what I was thinking in the way of a response. Thanks.

In looking at the chassis / Frame builders, their front clip, rear clip, side rails are the inexpensive part. When you start adding control arms, spindles. rack and pinion, ladder bars, that is what really runs the cost up. Like a Fatman Mustang II crossmember--Loaded-- is over $2000. I hope I'm not wrecking your thread, but I was really interested in your opinion.
that the reason I posted the build to help others out if you have anymore ? on it ask I answer the best I can.

post #424 of 431 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

bean no hadn't been to the track yet mother nature has not let me when I have been off work. Looks like it will be a few more weeks as I just bought me another truck a 95 F350 Dually with the PS 7.3 with a 5 speed need to do some odds and ends on it before I go to the track
post #425 of 431 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

For the guys following I haven't made it back to the track yet between my wife's sister passing then my stepbrother passing, now my stepdad is in bad shape with his hart 100% blockage in the big artery and 99% blockage in the smaller artery, He is 84 they tried to put stints in but couldn't get trough the blockage. They going to try again in 4 or 5 weeks so I will be helping my mother until he get better. More than likely be next year before I get back to the track. Plus I traded for a Ron's Flying toilet going to have to get the intake drilled for the injectors and fuel system swapped out 1st got no carb on it right now.
post #426 of 431 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 11:18 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

well Jim you have had you share of bad luck that's for sure, I hope you have it figured out by Jan-1-2016 cause we are having a 5K to win top and bottom bulb race at SGMP on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of Jan, I will post details on the home page later
post #427 of 431 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

I going to try to go but that is a busy time of year for us here at work
post #428 of 431 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Started the mock up on the ron's toilet today after I get the pump mounted and fuel lines run I pull the intake off and have Keith aka wheelie58 to set the intake up for the injectors. Figure go ahead get everything mocked up and if I need anything I can pick it up when I carry the intake up to Keith at Summit it is on the way.

post #429 of 431 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Finally got around to getting everything finished and it fired back up. 1st time out of the yard since I put the new frontend under everything felt good. Steered great, brakes work great, got on it good then hit the brakes hard the bump steer felt good. Toilet is a hold different feel for sure a lot more responsive did leave some track out on the road straight no pulling one way or the other. Now if I ever get time to get it back to the track for some tnt I think it will run some high 5s.
post #430 of 431 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Well looks like I will pull the truck out of the trailer and do the winter prep on it the next weekend I have off. To many health problem in my family to worry about trying to get to the track this year. My youngest Daughter has some kidney problems will be taking her back and forth to Atlanta to Emery University until the end of Nov. as it is right now. My wife has another leg surgery on 11-12 so I will put the truck away and pray for a better year next year. Try again next spring to go to the track and see how it does after the changes and see if I can get some high 5s out of it.
post #431 of 431 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Geat job...good build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in