460 Ford Forum banner

KATIES 460 BUILD 90LX MUSTANG

46K views 139 replies 26 participants last post by  BOSS 429 
#1 ·
We will start by sayin it will have a 460 c6 combo........

8.8 rear

#6 ·
I like the old school tires and stance

#7 ·
had a little time today,

Dug up a power brake pedal and changed it to a manual pedal today (ratio)

#18 ·
Thats a great looking motor, looks remarkably like mine did! I had to drag mine from some nice ladys storage shed after her son went to England and left all his car crap.

I like the motor plate, keep toying with putting one on mine, you going to run a mid plate too.

Nice toenails too.

#24 ·
THANKS JON

#21 ·
the enging came from a 79 ford truck that i had built an engine for ( racer),its a core

his dad had bought the truck new.

The top end probaly wont be used, but the shortblock ( if all good) will be used.

and yes it will get NOS, and will sometimes see 300HP SHOT im sure.

shes going to tear it down as soon as she can,and then we can start the build,she will be doing most of the work

#23 ·
stock rear sup cars ,or back half cars we dont run a miid plate, chassie cars only[/QUOTE]

Awesome, obviousley dont know much about motor plates. But seems a good way to go vice mounts.

How much you getting for them.

#25 ·
How much you getting for them.[/QUOTE]

249.95 AND ALL THE TEC SUPORT YOU NEED

#32 ·
How much you getting for them.
249.95 AND ALL THE TEC SUPORT YOU NEED[/QUOTE]

Initial tech support, got my motor sitting on the OPG mounts now, what is entailed in putting this thing on. The motor is a mock, bare black, heads, valve covers and headers.

Does it come with all the brackets or whatever to mount it? I have no idea on this, but it seems like a good idea. Particularly for Alt mount optiones. So how much work are we talking? How much a PITA to keep my current geometry and any mods I need to make down the driveline.

#29 ·
lots of them are rusty there,the other side is also, just cut it out and repair it

she did a lot today, engine is apart.

ready to install manuel brake pedal,and master cly.

#34 ·
Actually, the red color is due to copper coating. Ford does this for either resizing the big/small ends of the rods or for weight purposes. I am not exactly sure what the purpose is. I do see rods coated in this fashion regularly and, not just Ford specifically either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.