1971 f350 dually AFR 545ci build - Page 3 - 460 Ford Forum
Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1971 View Post
I have more engine pics but photobucket is a pita and Iím out of time to mess with it.

Give me an opinion....silver or that old original blue/ turquoise color?

Iíll be continuing my documentation, but sure it will be slow with all the paint work.
I'm glad you got rid of the pink paint color. I didn't know if you were going to subsidize the project by selling Avon products or not...... LOL! Good job just for staying with a project of this undertaking. Funny how we romanticize how quick this is all going to happen and then a couple years later we still can't decide what color to paint it..... Ha! Good job!
Fordman1971 likes this.

Project "Indigestion" 1964 Fairlane BBF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 132 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
I'm glad you got rid of the pink paint color. I didn't know if you were going to subsidize the project by selling Avon products or not...... LOL! Good job just for staying with a project of this undertaking. Funny how we romanticize how quick this is all going to happen and then a couple years later we still can't decide what color to paint it..... Ha! Good job!
Lol, yeah I grabbed any old rattle can we had left over and used them to keep surface rust at bay while setting in this humid climate here, pink was the first to go, haha. Iíve been at this build for total of about 10 1/2 months or so.....I actually bought the paint already....bout 2 months in....it is silver but I have had some changes in my mind. Learned a lesson, donít pick a color AND BUY IT until you are very close to paint time......Iíll prolly just paint it silver....and later I might do a turquoise top half on it with orange pin strip to break it.

Thanks for the kind words
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1971 View Post
Lol, yeah I grabbed any old rattle can we had left over and used them to keep surface rust at bay while setting in this humid climate here, pink was the first to go, haha. Iíve been at this build for total of about 10 1/2 months or so.....I actually bought the paint already....bout 2 months in....it is silver but I have had some changes in my mind. Learned a lesson, donít pick a color AND BUY IT until you are very close to paint time......Iíll prolly just paint it silver....and later I might do a turquoise top half on it with orange pin strip to break it.

Thanks for the kind words
You are certainly welcome, you're working hard at it. Silver would be a good color for the truck in my opinion. Besides, at the cost of paint and catalyst these days, I'd even be more motivated to use the silver, bolt it together and drive it for awhile. Enjoy the effort for a little while.......

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 07:14 PM

Check it out for down the road......

Fordman1971 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in