Been slowly fixing things, went through the wiring harness under the hood and repaired a few things, re-wrapped it, looks nicer (photo later) Added blue thunder valve covers to get rid of the chrome which I was not a fan of. Installed new battery and replaced the head gaskets as one was weeping and beginning to mark it's spot, whoever rebuilt the engine did not do a good job cleaning out the head bolt holes which I suspect caused the failure, been good since.
I had bought an MSD 8350 ready to run and 6AL box off a guy on a facebook lincoln forum (thought I got a deal, not) and after asking if I should use it or get the 8477 I found a good deal on the 8477 The ready to run turns out had a bad pick up and the 6AL box turned out to be bad as well, I know that most people are generally honest, this J.O. wasn't, live and learn....
I decided to go with an Intellitronix ignition box, made here in the US and lifetime warranty, between the MSD 8477 and the new box I have the engine running really well, woke it up considerably, will let me play with the car while I continue to collect parts for the engine/trans build.
I finally got around to welding the Dzus tabs to the new wheels and installed new tires and Moon caps, at first I wasn't sure if I liked them, and, they have since started to grow on me, considering having powder coated a dark grey or gunmetal and having Lincoln ebmlems engraved on them, who knows one thing at a time.
I'm going to be installing a one wire alternator today to get rid of the wiring and voltage regulator, that'll clean up the underhood more, oh and I also replaced the steering wheel with a much nicer wood/aluminum wheel, the boot provided is a bit cheezy so will have to come up with a workaround but it looks much better than the original....I'll post more pic's later....progress
71 Lincoln MKIII Sincity
A thing of beauty, a work in progress
Last edited by amthatiam; 06-08-2019 at 03:04 PM.