TDS rear axle housings - 460 Ford Forum
Driveline Discuss Driveline & Related Components.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

TDS rear axle housings

has anyone used one of these from speed master I have seen allot of info on them and videos of them being used in street cars and pro mods, I have a 871 blown 545 with fuel injection in front of a custom built c6 with a 4k stall in a 67 custom 500, currently it has a cobra 8.8 trac loc with 4:56 , and I found I cant get any traction past a 3?8 of a throttle hit so I need to go big tire, I am going to a 31x16.5x15 and I will need to build a new rear axle, these TDS housing caught my eye because well they look good and they are versatile with the bolt on axle tubes, and there made out of some tough stuff for what it will cost me to do a factory 9" or a 8.8 the TDS housing are less expensive and more versatile, you don't half to cut tubes just order the length you need bolt them to the housing and weld on two ends and they are 0 degree pinions the posi unit for them is under 300 bucks the hsgn 318 the tubes pair 85 I forgot what the axle cost is but u can get them in 28/31/35 spline I am seriously thinking on going that route and I was wondering if anyone has used them or know of some one who is and can give a review of sorts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Thatís an interesting idea but with most of the other Speed Master parts out there Iíd be concerned with their quality control and fit and finish. If you do take the plunge make sure to update the post and let us all know how it turns out.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

wel I have been running there pro comp aluminum heads "out of the box" on a 545 871 blown fuel injected big block with no issues so far so ehhh I dunno I compared the tds to the "strange" and it actualy looks like a better piece and tds has bolt on axle tubes and that makes it nice for people who don't want to send the housing out for narrowing plus if you change chassis you basically just need to change the tubes for your length needed and axles

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Are there any retailers that carry the Speed Master line of products? It would be nice to touch, taste, fondle, inspect, etc.... the parts before ordering them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

not that I am aware of unless you lived near a auth retailer like summit or jegs
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

well I believe in the next week or two I am going to order a case 318.00 a 3rd member case and 4:56 ring and pinion another 350 bucks or so and ill pick up a Temkin bearing kit ill wait on tubes and ends till I get my rims and 31 x16.5 tires so I know what tubes to get they offer them in several lengths to prevent cutting, I have set uo danas 8.8 and 8.5 diffs but I never set up a 9" should be a big issue (you tube here I come lol) and ill order from summit I get a decent discount there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in