460 Ford Forum banner

TDS rear axle housings

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  taylorteamracing 
#1 ·
has anyone used one of these from speed master I have seen allot of info on them and videos of them being used in street cars and pro mods, I have a 871 blown 545 with fuel injection in front of a custom built c6 with a 4k stall in a 67 custom 500, currently it has a cobra 8.8 trac loc with 4:56 , and I found I cant get any traction past a 3?8 of a throttle hit so I need to go big tire, I am going to a 31x16.5x15 and I will need to build a new rear axle, these TDS housing caught my eye because well they look good and they are versatile with the bolt on axle tubes, and there made out of some tough stuff for what it will cost me to do a factory 9" or a 8.8 the TDS housing are less expensive and more versatile, you don't half to cut tubes just order the length you need bolt them to the housing and weld on two ends and they are 0 degree pinions the posi unit for them is under 300 bucks the hsgn 318 the tubes pair 85 I forgot what the axle cost is but u can get them in 28/31/35 spline I am seriously thinking on going that route and I was wondering if anyone has used them or know of some one who is and can give a review of sorts.

#3 ·
wel I have been running there pro comp aluminum heads "out of the box" on a 545 871 blown fuel injected big block with no issues so far so ehhh I dunno I compared the tds to the "strange" and it actualy looks like a better piece and tds has bolt on axle tubes and that makes it nice for people who don't want to send the housing out for narrowing plus if you change chassis you basically just need to change the tubes for your length needed and axles

#6 ·
well I believe in the next week or two I am going to order a case 318.00 a 3rd member case and 4:56 ring and pinion another 350 bucks or so and ill pick up a Temkin bearing kit ill wait on tubes and ends till I get my rims and 31 x16.5 tires so I know what tubes to get they offer them in several lengths to prevent cutting, I have set uo danas 8.8 and 8.5 diffs but I never set up a 9" should be a big issue (you tube here I come lol) and ill order from summit I get a decent discount there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.