Fuel system - 460 Ford Forum
General Race Tech All other topics, such as Fuel Delivery, Ignition, Engine, Safety, Data Aquisition, Suspension, etc...

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Provost,AB, Canada
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Fuel system

Looking for some advise on a fuel system for my 552 . Its a max effort mudbogger , 78 f-150 4x4 4800lbs , trick flow A heads / 1250 dominator / 14-1 comp
was planning on running vp's Q-16 fuel . Run 200ft pits . not sure how big of a fuel pump im going to need or size of line . thanks for any advise
midnightgremlin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dahlonega, GA
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightgremlin View Post
Looking for some advise on a fuel system for my 552 . Its a max effort mudbogger , 78 f-150 4x4 4800lbs , trick flow A heads / 1250 dominator / 14-1 comp
was planning on running vp's Q-16 fuel . Run 200ft pits . not sure how big of a fuel pump im going to need or size of line . thanks for any advise
Is your fuel cell in the front or rear? Approx what hp is the engine?

Technical Support
Barry Grant, Inc.
BG Fuel Systems, Demon Carburetors, Nitrous Works, Triple D Induction

www.barrygrant.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barry-...n/286832226874

Dealer program inquiries welcome
Tech @ BG is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Provost,AB, Canada
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG View Post
Is your fuel cell in the front or rear? Approx what hp is the engine?
Fuel cell is in the rear of the truck , Hoping the engine makes 800+ hp
midnightgremlin is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
crittersf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: newport NC
Posts: 4,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
 
Send a message via AIM to crittersf1 Send a message via MSN to crittersf1 Send a message via Yahoo to crittersf1
I run an Aeromotive A2000, BG reg., -8AN line

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space!
crittersf1 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dahlonega, GA
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightgremlin View Post
Fuel cell is in the rear of the truck , Hoping the engine makes 800+ hp
There are a couple of different options you have depending on whether you want to go mechanical or electric.

On an electric pump anything over 650hp and we recommend our BG400 pump and 4 port regulator. Plumbing for this would be -12an to the pump and -10an to the regulator.

If you did not want to go the electric route you could also go mechanical with a belt driven pump.

Technical Support
Barry Grant, Inc.
BG Fuel Systems, Demon Carburetors, Nitrous Works, Triple D Induction

www.barrygrant.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barry-...n/286832226874

Dealer program inquiries welcome
Tech @ BG is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Provost,AB, Canada
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG View Post
There are a couple of different options you have depending on whether you want to go mechanical or electric.

On an electric pump anything over 650hp and we recommend our BG400 pump and 4 port regulator. Plumbing for this would be -12an to the pump and -10an to the regulator.

If you did not want to go the electric route you could also go mechanical with a belt driven pump.

I would be going with an electric set up

Thanks for the advise

Bear
midnightgremlin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome