QA1 Front Strut Issue - 460 Ford Forum
General Race Tech All other topics, such as Fuel Delivery, Ignition, Engine, Safety, Data Aquisition, Suspension, etc...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)

QA1 Front Strut Issue

I finally got the Mustang off the jack stands and down on its wheels yesterday. I have the single adjustable QA1 Front struts. I followed the instructions on how to assemble them and I also followed the instructions to the letter with my UPR caster/camber plates but I have clearly missed something. My issue is when I put weight on the front of the car the spring on the strut compresses. However the strut rod with the nut on top comes farther up out of the caster camber plate when I push the front end down so the strut is not compressing even though the spring is. Should there be a nut on the strut rod below the caster/camber plate as well as a nut on the top so the strut compresses? I looked over both sets if instructions again and I don't see anything in there that would seem to address this issue.

Send Questions To: [email protected]

Last edited by MrScharfenberger; 04-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Zac

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You've got to be missing some pieces/hardware on the CC plate, itself. Are the sandwiched bearings installed (between the lower plate and upper plate)? The bearings that the top of the strut rods sit in?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac View Post
You've got to be missing some pieces/hardware on the CC plate, itself. Are the sandwiched bearings installed (between the lower plate and upper plate)? The bearings that the top of the strut rods sit in?
You were right. I was missing pieces. Or rather a piece on each side. I was missing the spacers that go on the strut rod. They were the ones that go on before you feed the strut rod in and up through the CC plate. I studied the CC plate instructions again and I saw the piece that I was missing. The instructions were nothing more than an exploded diagram. The spacers that I was missing looked exactly like spacers that went on the UPR upper & lower control arms in the rear and I had all the little pieces in one box for safe keeping. So that is how I missed it... It is all good now though. I figured it out and reassembled it. Now when it is on the ground I can push on the front end and everything functions as normal. Thanks for the help though. Once again it is most appreciated!!

Send Questions To: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in