460 Ford Forum banner

drag link measurement

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Danny Cabral 
#1 ·
just
done rebuilding dana 44 front in my 77 f150. its all stock rebuild, was wondering if anyone has the measurements for the draglink. mine was all loose. got new ends and new tires. needing a starting point for toe in etc.

#2 ·
Just take a tape measure and measure from the same point on the inside of the tires front and back and set it to zero with the steering wheel centered and leveled. That will get you to the alignment shop.
OR, I've taken a length of grade line (masons line) and gone around all 4 tires and set the toe so that the string touches evenly on both fronts. Make sure that the alignment shop centers the steering wheel when they do the alignment.
If ALL of you're steering and suspension components (steering box included) have ANY wear to them then you are just throwing your money away having someone trying to align it. If they put a setting on it, it will just move and NOT be in alignment. Any reputable alignment shop will check for worn parts BEFORE they try to align it, if they find worn parts they should be straight up and tell you that it's not align able in that condition and not just go ahead and 'align' it.
Rob

#3 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.