Looking for 78/79 high pinion 60 - 460 Ford Forum
4x4's, Pullers, Crawlers and other HD rides We don't need no stinkin' asphalt!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Looking for 78/79 high pinion 60

Anybody? I know it's a long shot but I'm hoping to find something in Oregon or close if anyone has or knows of one. I'm prepared to pay a fair price depending on condition and have some things to trade possibly if anyone is interested. I have a low pinion 60 from a 77 that I planned to build into what I want but if I could find an original that would be the best route. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking to in Wisconsin

I'm also looking for a 78-79 Dana 60 High Pinion front end for my 79 F250 pulling truck. I have a Dana 44 with drum brakes I could trade or sell out right after I get a new one.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I would not even bother, shipping will kill any deal on something that heavy and bulky. Try to find one local, even if you have to buy a whole truck just for the axle. You can always put your 44 under it and just resell it figuring you can loose up to 1k selling the donor truck off and still be ok on the deal.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I found a front 60, rear 60, c6 and 205 in a 78 just a couple hours away for about 1600, complete and with everything to mount it and drivelines. The deal I was looking for. A couple of others have popped up since here in the nw but they wanted $1600 for just the axle, which, I would have paid if i had to. What I did was posted a wanted ad on craigslist and I randomly had a guy in Long Beach CA text me with two different ads he found, one of them being the one i snagged. My advice would just be to put wanted ads up everywhere and scour all the boards and craigslist and jump on one the second you see it. I talked also to a guy that builds axles here in OR and he said without too much trouble he cut on a newer one to make it the same as the 78/79, for a small fee I'm sure. Good luck with the search. I got very lucky but I had concluded I would have to bite the bullet and be prepared to pay through the nose. Before I found mine, there was one in northern CA a guy was asking 1700, I offered 1500 and he turned it down..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
I did the whole truck route a few years ago. I bought one with twin 60's, swapped out my 44, put some tires on I had laying around, tuned it up, and sold it for $600 more than I paid for it. I got real lucky, but I bet if you looked around, one could be found.

78 F250, 466/C6/205, EFI, Dana 60 4.88 spool, Ford 10.25 4.88 lincoln locker, Custom 4-link rear coil springs, Custom 3-link front coil springs, 39" Boggers on 12" Weld SS's (sold)
2006 Blue/Gray F250 4x4 CC 6.0 Torqshift NP273
79 F350, 521/T18/205, Dana 60 4.10 detroit, dana 70hd 4.10 Lincoln locker, 36" Rockers on 12" Eagles.dynoed at 628hp and 685ft/lbs torque at 5000rpms all iron
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 79 high pinion in a whole truck but I'm in WI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in