User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Garage
460 HP

Hey folks, I also use another site for Fords, but sort of new to this one. I picked up my block for a 532 build to go into my 67 Mustang coup. I have notched the towers, run an 8pt cage, sub frame connectors, a 9 inch with CALVERT split monos and bars.

I plan on running a clutch/stick either a DR4 or if I can find coin and a good one a Lenco 5spd.

Somone on the other site actually told me to trash the big block as a 408/418 would make as much if not more horsepowe, and the big block in the Mustang would only be a tire smoker and "dissapointment" at the track?

Hmmmm, wanted to know what you guys are running with your 460s. Mine is a pretty simple 532 build, copying the Popular Hotrodding Mustang build with the Kasse P51 heads. That eng is making 775 HP I think.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to NITROUS FORD
Cool WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT!

WE MUST OF BEEN ON THE SAME WEB PAGE BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME THE SAME THING WHEN I SAID I WAS RUNNING A BBF WITH A DOUG NASH 5 SPEED! BUT TOLD THEM THAT WHEN PRO STOCK SWITCH TO SMALL BLOCKS THEN I WILL! HE! HE! HE! BUT IAM RUNNING IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I KNOW THAT ITS ANOTHER REASON WHY THE CHEVY BOYS DON'T WANT US TO DO IT! UP TO THERE TRICKS AGAIN!~ DON'T STOP YOUR BUILD!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Garage
Thanks, how do you like the Doug Nash, I saw one recently rebuilt for 1500, cant decide to go with that, beef up my Toploader or spring for a Jerico.
What is your set up running. I saw a Fox in Puerto Rico with the crate FMS 460, he said it was th 600HP version, but it was busting mid nines and he was pedaling the crap out of it, and no spray. Couple of other BBF in Mustangs doing similar, got me hooked. Besides, ANYONE and EVERYONE has a 408 or 418 that makes 500HP, why not 775 for the same coin.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITROUS FORD View Post
WE MUST OF BEEN ON THE SAME WEB PAGE BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME THE SAME THING WHEN I SAID I WAS RUNNING A BBF WITH A DOUG NASH 5 SPEED! BUT TOLD THEM THAT WHEN PRO STOCK SWITCH TO SMALL BLOCKS THEN I WILL! HE! HE! HE! BUT IAM RUNNING IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I KNOW THAT ITS ANOTHER REASON WHY THE CHEVY BOYS DON'T WANT US TO DO IT! UP TO THERE TRICKS AGAIN!~ DON'T STOP YOUR BUILD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in