460 Ford Forum banner

Jegs or Summit, Thats Nothing!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jdean 
#1 ·
Went on Evilbay this weekend looking for parts. Are these guys serious on their shipping prices? $42 item weighing less than 10 lbs, shipping $44! And it will be there in 3 to 5 business days!! For that price wouldn't you expect at least next day air!!! Makes Jegs $9 look like good deal!

#3 ·
It's not intended to be a ripoff to the buyer. This is a new fad on e-bay to get out of paying listing and selling fees which can add up if you sell a lot or sell higher priced items. S&H fees are not factored in those fees. What you must do is add the total price and determine if it's still a good deal.

#4 ·
Sometimes the shipping companys charge a "dimensional weight" rather than the actual weight if the item is large and light.I was looking into shipping some plastic Mustang interior panels and because of the size of the box they want to charge the equivalent of a 90 lb package instead of the 10 lbs it actually weighs.I always ask first now as I have found some sellers will take advantage of you if you don't.It is fairly easy to go to the UPS,FedEx or post office websites and get a shipping quote if you know the weight and dimensions of the package and figure out if they are trying to rip you off.

#5 ·
Other than a usually OK price, the real competitive advantage of Jegs or Summit boils down to 2 things: 1 - they ship fast using the low rates they get from UPS and Fedex, and 2 - the fact that you can return it for a refund or replacement, usually with no questions asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.