460 Ford Forum banner

High FLow Dynamics Lubrication Products (Oil Pumps, Etc.)

101K views 280 replies 57 participants last post by  ummduh 
#1 · (Edited)
This listing displays our oil pumps, oil pump kits and shim kits.

Second Generation Pumps Are Here!

Our Gen 2 pumps are available in front sump or rear sump configuation.

High Flow Dynamics Oil Pressure Shim Kit
This kit enables the end user to "shim up" the output pressure of their internal oil pump. Works with any 429/460
internal wet sump oil pump as offered by Melling, Dyna-Gear, Sealed Power, Ford Motorsport, Milodon and others. High
Pressure Shim Kit includes the following: three stainless steel shims (which should be enough to increase pressure
output between 10-30 p.s.i. depending on number of shims used), brand new factory original bypass pressure
replacement plug, and detailed instructions. This is by far the best <$20 investment one could make on an otherwise bone stock 429/460 oiling system.

High Pressure Shim Kit (shown above): $19.75 shipped to your door
(lower 48 contiguous United States only; all others contact us for grand total incl. shipping)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Modified Melling Street/Strip Performance Prepped Rear Sump Oil Pump, M84D

The Melling M84D oil pump serves as the OEM stock 429/460 oil pump. Our modified standard volume pump performs better than that of the standard M84D. Our Street/Strip pump suits most hot rod engine builds, incorporates modified passages, our re-engineered bypass piston feature, and utilizes any oil pump pickup tube that is for use with rear-loading oil pumps like the M84D.

M84DHV Stage 1 Rear Sump Pump (shown above): $109.95

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Modified Melling Stage 1 Performance Prepped Front Sump Oil Pump,
M84BHV-S

The Melling M84BHV front sump oil pump flows greater than a stock 429/460 oil pump. Our modified Melling Stage 1
oil pumps perform beyond that of the standard M84 series. These performance prepped pumps suit most engine builds,
incorporate modified passages and our re-engineered bypass piston feature. It utilizes any mass produced bolt on oil
pump pickup tube designed to be used with the M84BHV. Ships complete with prepped oil pump, the factory Melling
front sump pickup screen, pickup mounting hardware, detailed instructions and our high pressure shim kit so that those
who wish to "shim up" the oil pump pressure for their specific build will have the parts in hand.

M84BHV-S Stage 1 Front Sump Pump (shown above): $179.95

Modified Melling Stage 1 Performance Prepped Rear Sump Oil Pump,
M84DHV

The Melling M84DHV rear sump oil pump flows greater than a stock 429/460 oil pump. Our modified Melling Stage 1
oil pumps perform beyond that of the standard M84 series. These performance prepped pumps suit most engine builds,
incorporate modified passages and our re-engineered bypass piston feature. It utilizes any mass produced bolt on oil
pump pickup tube designed to be used with the M84DHV. Ships complete with prepped oil pump, heavy duty oil pump
shaft, detailed instructions, and our high pressure shim kit so that those who wish to "shim up" the oil pump pressure
for their specific build will have the parts in hand.

M84DHV Stage 1 Rear Sump Pump (shown above): $149.95

Modified Melling Stage 2 Performance Prepped Rear Sump Oil Pump Kit
w/ Adjustable Pressure--M84DHV

The Melling M84DHV oil pumps flow greater than a stock 429/460 oil pump. Our modified Melling Stage 2 ultra-prepped
pumps perform beyond that of the standard M84DHV. Further, the Stage 2 pumps feature adjustable oil pressure. Pump mods
are executed throughout the pump by hand and on a CNC machine for precision and consistency. Our modified pumps
have supported blown nitromethane fuel-altered funny cars. For max effort appications only where an internal pump
is desired or required.

The Stage 2 Kit includes a fully prepped ultra-high performance Stage 2 oil pump, all the raw materials to custom fabricate
yourself a gargantuan pickup tube (flange, tubing, strap steel for bracket, oil strainer and main bolt with stand-off stud),
heavy duty oil pump drive shaft and detailed instructions.

M84DHV Stage 2 Kit (shown above): $249.95

Performance Oil Filter Adaptor

Our specially prepared oil filter adaptors have a radiussed exit so that oil can get around the hard corner easily and keep the downstream oil pressure better replenished. Also, by flaring the exit oil flow slows down as it enters the block cavity which reduces turbulence in the cavity and helps prepare it for the abrupt turn. Another nice feature is that our adaptor's block threads have a shoulder at the top so that it cannot be screwed too far into the engine block and bottom out/cause a restriction unto itself. We include a 3/4-16 nut to facilitate installation. Instructions included.
  • Brand new filter adaptor
  • Fully machined, modified, and ready for installation
  • 3/4-16 nut included for ease of installation
  • Instructions
  • Shipping

Hi- Perf Filter Adaptor (shown above): $20 shipped to your door
(lower 48 contiguous United States only; all others contact us for grand total incl. shipping)

For inquiries, please contact me through the forum by either private messaging (PM) or by email.

Thanks,

Paul

See less See more
#57 ·
Second Generation Pumps Are Here!

Our Gen 2 Stage 1 prepped oil pumps are available in front or rear sump. New features found in the Gen 2 Pumps include:
  • Updated details in our signature oil bypass piston mods
  • Oil pump body's external configuration is now the same as an out-of-the-box Melling
  • SHCS Cap Screws in the gerotor cover have been replaced with black oxided Button Head Screws which allow for maximum oil pan clearance.
  • No increase in price!

Gen 2 Stage 1 pumps are in stock and ready to ship. :cool:

Paul

#59 ·
I have been running one of these new pumps for about 3 races and it is holding up to whatever I throw at it. I lost my oil cooler (leaking water into oil passages) at this last race so I will look for any water damage to the pump. The funny thing is when we first started this engine we had 50psi now after we burned the small amout of water off the oil we have 65psi.

Thank you again for a race winning oil pump !

#60 ·
Code Blue Racing said:
I have been running one of these new pumps for about 3 races and it is holding up to whatever I throw at it. I lost my oil cooler (leaking water into oil passages) at this last race so I will look for any water damage to the pump. The funny thing is when we first started this engine we had 50psi now after we burned the small amout of water off the oil we have 65psi.

Thank you again for a race winning oil pump !
You're welcome Jim!

Paul

#61 ·
Paul, what upgrades have you made to the Stage I pumps...just wondering. No problems with my pump, lots of street miles last summer and fall. 8)
Nick

#62 ·
ProStreetFairlane said:
Paul, what upgrades have you made to the Stage I pumps...just wondering.
Nick
Nick,

The 2nd Generation pump's have some detail changes as noted in a post above and also quoted below:
Paul Kane said:
New features found in the Gen 2 Pumps include:
  • Updated details in our signature oil bypass piston mods
  • Oil pump body's external configuration is now the same as an out-of-the-box Melling
  • SHCS Cap Screws in the gerotor cover have been replaced with black oxided Button Head Screws which allow for maximum oil pan clearance.
  • No increase in price!
Paul
Originally, the primary reason for the change is that the price of our pumps was going to have to be increased (along with everything else going up in price these days). This forced us to look for ways to keep costs down, and I'm pleased to say the result was that we stumbled onto components that enabled us to reduce labor costs and (technically) make pump improvements in the process. :mrgreen: And so we are able to keep our price where it has always been.

The perfofmance characteristics of our 2nd generation oil pumps is identical to the 1st Generation oil pumps. Also, Gen 1 oil pumps can be updated to Gen 2 oil pumps, should you ever get the desire.

Paul

#63 ·
Specifically I was wondering what "updated details in our signature oil bypass piston mods" were? Thanks
Nick

#66 ·
Paul,

Would this Stage 1 pump work fine with an external flat filter? I need to run one of those due to my chassis design.

Also,

Do you guys do machine work? I'm kind of trying to plan for the future. I have a 4.5 bore block that I'm not sure will clean up. Nobody here in my area knows anything about BBF's.

Thanks!

John.

#67 ·
32 Altered said:
Paul,

Would this Stage 1 pump work fine with an external flat filter? I need to run one of those due to my chassis design.

Also,

Do you guys do machine work? I'm kind of trying to plan for the future. I have a 4.5 bore block that I'm not sure will clean up. Nobody here in my area knows anything about BBF's.

Thanks!

John.
John, yes plety of people use our pump with remote filter setups, and this includes a flat filter such as the Oberg.

In regards to engine work, please call as we are pretty backed up and this depends on your timeline.

Paul

#70 ·
Just thought ide chime in that I have recieved a stage 1=(i think) pump with shim kit and drive shaft. I bought it through CarsByCarl here on the forum along with some other things who got it from High Flow Dynamics. I havent ran it yet but it lookes to be a very nice piece and I think ill get the 80 or so PSI im looking for with no problems.

#71 ·
Fordtrucks said:
Just thought ide chime in that I have recieved a stage 1=(i think) pump with shim kit and drive shaft. I bought it through CarsByCarl here on the forum along with some other things who got it from High Flow Dynamics. I havent ran it yet but it lookes to be a very nice piece and I think ill get the 80 or so PSI im looking for with no problems.
Thank you. :)

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.