460 Ford Forum banner

Four Days 'til the BBF Bash. Who's gettin' excited?

32K views 165 replies 45 participants last post by  Coupe Devil 
#1 ·
Me Me Me :p

One week away fellas. Hope you got your cars finished. Mine is ready to rumble! Hopefully I can get a T&T in next Friday before the BBF Bash. Will be out of town this weekend, leaving tomorrow morning and returning Monday evening.

Have a GREAT weekend and start packing for the BBF Bash!

#2 ·
I'm more nervous about getting mine together and running in time....

#3 ·
67stang1 said:
You better get to wrenching. Chuck was talking about the video I sent to him last year with the blown Mustang racing the airl plane. I then told him "That car Will be at the BBF Bash" His eyes got big and he said "Really!!?? I'll HAVE to check that one out"

So Rob, get to wrenching :wink:

#5 ·
cougar1969 said:
:( :x

no comment

Randy
Sorry Randy :cry:

You will be with us in spirit!

Hey I got your message late last night, we were packing for the trip and will be packing again tonight.

When I get back, I have to start packing for Owensboro...

#6 ·
cougar1969 said:
:( :x

no comment

Randy
You don't need to comment, just heal up, have fun this summer and plan on making it next yaer 8)

#8 ·
chomping at the bit :D I just wish my roller lifters would get here. :evil: :!: I am starting to get a case of the red arse ,called yesterday and they had not shipped them out yet. I was planning on testing this weekend, but its supposed to rain so it maybe next weekend anyway.

#9 ·
Phantasea466 said:
Hopefully we can Get Randy and his Cougar to the NMRA event this Fall in Bowling Green with the other BBF Forum Racers :idea:
Damon...We will definitely have at least 1 of the 460 Birds at B.G. in early October. That is my favorite event of the year!
If I have to make 2 trips to get both 460 Birds there, I will.

My wife and I want to run the Birds in True Street and the brackets.

Man, I love that track. :D

#11 ·
Phantasea466 said:
67stang1 said:
You better get to wrenching. Chuck was talking about the video I sent to him last year with the blown Mustang racing the airl plane. I then told him "That car Will be at the BBF Bash" His eyes got big and he said "Really!!?? I'll HAVE to check that one out"

So Rob, get to wrenching :wink:

I'm working on it 8)

#12 ·
Phantasea466 said:
If I have to make 2 trips to get both 460 Birds there, I will.
So you gonna bring both of 'em to the BBF Bash :?: 8)
Unfortuately, the BBF bash is the same weekend as my 10th wedding anniversary and we want to go to the place that we originally wanted to get married at but could not.

That place is the Beech Bend Dragstrip. We wanted to get married at the starting line in April 1997 but it never worked out.

Maybe I will be at BBF bash next year.

#13 ·
If gas prices dont line out and get a little lower. Its going to be a little difficult for me to justify spending a $110+ in gas just to get my car up there. My car cant compete with the majority of the cars showing up, we'll see. Has anyone got a place to stay if I comedown for more than one day? If the weather is nice I can just sleep in the cab of the truck, anyone have a shower I can use then? lol!

#15 ·
Getting closer...

I'm getting closer and closer. All of the little fabrication stuff eats up a lot of time. Make this, grind that, beat and weld on the other thing. :? :lol: It's gonna be rough looking, but I think I'll make it. :lol:

#17 ·
Lem Evans said:
richter69 said:
I got a rough figure of 450 for a round trip of diesel, gonna build me a damn french fry/tranny fluid refineryin the back yard. Drive my alky powerd ride to work (1.80 a gal)
don't we use about twice as much alky as gas ? $1.80 X 2 = $3.60 :wink:
Oh, swell!......A mathemetician in the crowd. :lol: :lol:

G
#18 ·
8liter said:
If gas prices dont line out and get a little lower. Its going to be a little difficult for me to justify spending a $110+ in gas just to get my car up there.
Well I won't even talk about what I am going to spend on gas for my dually.... :oops: $110 won't even get me out of NC !!!! :lol:

#19 ·
Lem Evans said:
don't we use about twice as much alky as gas ? $1.80 X 2 = $3.60 :wink:
Used to. Not any more. (for the racecar race car at least) I added a Primer Plus. Drive to staging and back up the return road on pump gas. I'm using less than a gallon of alky and 24 oz of pump gas per pass.

G
#22 ·
BuddyThomas said:
8liter, This bash is more about meeting other board members than what your car will or will not do. This is the main reason Mark and I are going plus we want to see Chris's car with a pink chute :lol:
All I got to say is bring it !!!! :lol: I am like Buddy. I am looking forward to meeting all the people & hanging out. Plus I want to see everybodies cars. Less than 2 weeks before we head out.

#23 ·
Same here, Looking forward to putting some faces with the names. Will finish up the work on the car this weekend and be ready to load up.. Made some changes since the Reynolds race, should run just a little bit better..

Oh and one last note.. By the time we get there, The wife will have completed Frank Hawley's school and hopes to make her first passes in my car at Windy Hollow..

#24 ·
[yawn] no, I'm not excited....... [yawn] :roll: :roll: :roll:

I got my work cut out for me the next few weeks..... I'll be gone Mon-Fri next week for work. Then next weekend I plan on changing the tranny fluid/filter and coolant as well as try and do some in-tank mods on my diesel..... Gonna be a looooong weekend!!! Oh, then I gotta re-pack the wheel bearings in the damn car trailer, gather the stuff up and stuff it in a pile, etc.... need I say more...

G
#25 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lem Evans wrote:

don't we use about twice as much alky as gas ? $1.80 X 2 = $3.60

Used to. Not any more. (for the racecar race car at least) I added a Primer Plus. Drive to staging and back up the return road on pump gas. I'm using less than a gallon of alky and 24 oz of pump gas per pass
David is correct, less than a gallon of alky and about a quart an a half of pump gas gets it done, 1.80 + .86 = 2.66 a pass.

Costs more to get there than to race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.