460 Ford Forum banner

Will it fit??? I am looking for an ................

738 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mark Miller 
#1 ·
aftermarket front K member to fit under my '86 T-bird with a 460. If you have one or know if it will fit, give me a shout. Mike.

#2 ·
Are you talking about a aftermarket Mustang K-Member.

I had a 88 T-Bird and used a stock Mustang K-Member in that.I don't see why it shouldn't work if it's from a Mustang.The only problem i had with my T-Bird was the front control arms were wider than Mustang control arms.I changed to the Mustang control arms on my T-Bird and had no problems then.I would measure your control arms and see if they are the same or different than the Mustang control arms.I have some pictures of my T-Bird if you want to see any of them let me know.

Later Mark.

#3 ·
Thanks Mark. What engine are you running? I want my 460 w/motor plate to sit low down to the r&pinion. I modified my 79 Mustang k member & mounted the r&p under the cross member. This allowed the bbf to sit level & looked like it belonged there. This t-bird is different & will need more modifying to achieve what I want. I had thought about installing a new/removeable cross tube(removing the old section) & lowering the r&p from there. I didn't want to buy a new k member & have it put me right back to all the stock locations.(reading the rack/pinion) Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.