We have P-38 SBF heads in stock - Page 2 - 460 Ford Forum
Jon Kaase Racing Engines Jon Kaase is considered one of the best minds in the world of Big Block Fords and has created many parts to help enthusiasts with their 460 based projects. Gentlemen start your questions…

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to Larry_Williams
my stroker windsor motor made 688 on the dyno with a 950 QFT carb on a stoch filled block. Ran it for 3 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Jon had a set at the tech seminar and at a first glance they don't look much different then any other sbf head but when Jon was showing the difference between heads in his slide show the intake valve is moved way over from the cyl wall. This is where all the power comes from. He also mentioned that on a large bore sbf (0.125+) you would not see those kind of gains becayse the valve is already unshrouded.

The heads are complete and cost the same as the P51's but include the special valve covers (approx $2500). The rockers will not clear a regular valve cover,

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
Jon had a set at the tech seminar and at a first glance they don't look much different then any other sbf head but when Jon was showing the difference between heads in his slide show the intake valve is moved way over from the cyl wall. This is where all the power comes from. He also mentioned that on a large bore sbf (0.125+) you would not see those kind of gains becayse the valve is already unshrouded.

The heads are complete and cost the same as the P51's but include the special valve covers (approx $2500). The rockers will not clear a regular valve cover,
I know Jon is proud of the P38 heads. I wish I could have used a set for this build. My son wanted them bad but I just don't see it happening on this build. I will try and plan around them on the next one. I've got a bud with a old (set up for drag racing) 65 Comet that hasn't been on the track for years that I'm trying to talk into getting back into it. I think a stroker small block and some P38's would be just the thing to move that old car. I have another friend that races with me that has a chassis car 70 Mustang Fastback that I've built motors for that wants a set of the P51's and a stroker motor so I'm sure Jon and I will hook up some day. I love reading all the articles about his projects that I can get my hands on.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Williams View Post
my stroker windsor motor made 688 on the dyno with a 950 QFT carb on a stoch filled block. Ran it for 3 years.
Dang, that's good. Tell me more.
The cam specs that I have for the motor I'm building now are .672 lift intake/ exhaust and 270/278 @.050 on the duration with a 108 degree Lobe Separation.
The compression is a little lower than I wanted at 12.5 to 1 but I think the tighter LSA will help that. This motor will be run with a Glide and 5200 PTC Converter and shifted (I'm guessing)about 7500 RPM all N/A.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post

Dont look much diffrent than any other small block ford head ? you looked quick then, the valve spacing gives it away right off the bat.

84 hatch scj headed 472" on 10" tires
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearcobra View Post
Dont look much diffrent than any other small block ford head ? you looked quick then, the valve spacing gives it away right off the bat.

That does look different.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

What about exh port dimensions and port locations. Couldnt get any real info on that from anyone att he seminar
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Forum Contributor

The locations are factory, if you do a search for jegs/kaase heads you'll get all the info on them.

84 hatch scj headed 472" on 10" tires
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I will look around again. The exhaust looks different and havent seen any flow numbers.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 12:32 AM

Thumbs up P38 heads

got a set going on a dart block ford 351 that's stroked to 463 cubes and machined by the team kaase folks. will be pump gas and use a tfs box intake. was told that jon kasse himself came up with the custom cam specs. (if true-what an honor) I read about the heads in mm&ff magazine for their 25th anniversity and used on their 88 mustang gt SEMA entry, Project Hypersilver. my 88 gt is looking forward (as am I) to see how this combination works out. thanks mister kaase and team for your contribution!

Last edited by sgtdan; 06-01-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: last word spelled wrong and inserted comma
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdan View Post
got a set going on a dart block ford 351 that's stroked to 463 cubes and machined by the team kaase folks. will be pump gas and use a tfs box intake. was told that jon kasse himself came up with the custom cam specs. (if true-what an honor) I read about the heads in mm&ff magazine for their 25th anniversity and used on their 88 mustang gt SEMA entry, Project Hypersilver. my 88 gt is looking forward (as am I) to see how this combination works out. thanks mister kaase and team for your contribution!
How about an update on this motor Please
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by res0rli9 View Post
How about an update on this motor Please

I agree. Would be interested to read your thoughts on it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in