460 Ford Forum banner

Cowboys and...

4K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  schmitty 
#1 ·
A friend sent me this, I figured some of you would like it.

Mike

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport passenger lounge in Bozeman, Montana, while awaiting their respective flights.

One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer. Another is a Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show & the third passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana State University from the Middle East.

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face.

The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he speaks. "'At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward. "Once my people were few,' he sneers, 'and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The Montana cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a smooth drawl . . .

"That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do believe it's a-comin."

See less See more
#4 ·
What the heck do crusades have to do with AMERICANS?

Furthermore crusades were not "Christians", everything they done was dead set against the teaching of Christ. They were purely power hungry thugs/terrorists/or whatever you want to call them, using "GOD" or "CHRIST" as an excuse to do there invasions.

Bret

#5 ·
Bret Powell said:
What the heck do crusades have to do with AMERICANS?

Furthermore crusades were not "Christians", everything they done was dead set against the teaching of Christ. They were purely power hungry thugs/terrorists/or whatever you want to call them, using "GOD" or "CHRIST" as an excuse to do there invasions.

Bret

Exactly..... Thank you Bret... :wink:

Doug... 8)

#7 ·
The majority of Americans, and the majority of Montana cowboys, are of white european descent. America (or the U.S. to be more specific) is a very young nation and our lives and thoughts are heavily influenced by those of our ancestors several generations back, who were from other nations. Did I say those partaking in the Crusades were Christians? Who's arguing with whom? To say Americans vs. Muslims is comparing a nationality to a religion. Those two labels are not mutually exclusive. One could easily be Muslim and American at the same time. It's been said that Christ himself was the only true Christian. The point being that defining who is or isn't a Christian is totally a matter of perspective and how far-reaching one wants to go with the label. The Nazi organization is/was a supposedly Christian organization but many who consider themselves Christian who don't agree with many Nazi beliefs or actions would deny that they are Christian. If you want to talk about how the crusaders simply used God as their excuse for actions based upon alterior motives, that happens all the time... and sadly even today. Look no further than the nightly news or even this very thread. The joke wasn't directly saying it, but when the rival becomes a rival at the same time he claims his Muslim beliefs, one must assume the cowboy is something other than Muslim. If an Arab Muslim wants to come to a U.S. university to study, he/she isn't likely all that close minded. And just maybe if that person talks to friends back home, their impression of the U.S. people would be a little more positive if we make them welcome and accept our differences.

#8 ·
The misconceptions of the Crusades are sadly widespread.

"The Crusades were not the brainchild of an ambitious pope or rapacious knights but a response to more than four centuries of conquests in which Muslims had already captured two-thirds of the old Christian world. At some point, Christianity as a faith and a culture had to defend itself or be subsumed by Islam. The Crusades were that defense."

The Christians were viciously killed, conquered and ran out from their lands for centuries by the "Muslim Crusaders" long before the first "Chriatian Crusaders". Please read and understand your history- It is our only way to aviod repeating our past mistakes. The above quote is from a well known scholar who has spent decades studying and trying to change the myth's of the crusades- he's not alone. Like mosts things, no one side is 100% right. Some of the crusaders, especially some rogue bands in the first crusade were vicious thugs that killed many innocent Jews. Overall though, the crusades were not that way

http://www.crisismagazine.com/april2002/cover.htm

or
http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/11/the_truth_about_islamic_crusad.html

or

http://www.ewtn.com/library/CHISTORY/ZCRUSADE.HTM

Please read his whole article and be sure to double and triple check his story with other objective evidence. I am a Christian and I am tired of evil-concepted myths falsely accusing those who did do a lot of good- and yes it was not 100% good, again the Christians did many wrongs. Sadly, a lot of what's taught (or indoctrinated) is incorrect and there's always an agenda.

#13 ·
AZFairlane said:
Maybe we just need to play Cowboys and Scott Jackson. I believe that would stop about 90% of the bullshit on the forum.

I believe if he likes the right winged fundimentalist terrorist groups so much then why not take up donations to send him to the country of his choosin so he can be with his fellow Bone heads??? but under the stipulation they have no internet....... :wink: or if he wants to have a political debate then why not go to the Political page so he can argue with some tree hugger?

Randy

#17 ·
JSracing said:
AZFairlane said:
Maybe we just need to play Cowboys and Scott Jackson. I believe that would stop about 90% of the bullshit on the forum.
where do we sign up for that? put me down!
:lol:

Man we better get a take a number machine...

Scot something has been in my mind I have been pondering are you any kin to Jesse Jackson cuz you sure act like him... :x and al sharpton? two other useless waste of flesh.

Randy

#18 ·
I didn't accuse Christians for the Crusades... just as I didn't accuse Muslims. I wasn't trying to say what was right or wrong. I was just saying that we've sort of already had a cowboys vs. Muslims. As for the cowboys vs. me, I didn't realize so many of the folks on this forum spewing bullshit were cowboys. That's an awfully tall order to expect me to defeat them all. As for being related to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, as Forrest Gump said, "we are not of relation". :lol: So you consider two black men to be "wastes of flesh" (edited for spelling)? Randy, are you racist? Obviously you are. You hate black people and I won't stand for it. That's sarcasm. For me to infer that you are racist by making the assumption based on very little evidence is no different than you thinking I may be anti-Christian or anti-American simply because I've pointed out that the cowboys vs. Muslims has already happened to some extent. Right winged fundamentalists? If I'm to be sent to a country with lots of those, no shipping and handling needed. This forum is proof we have plenty right here. And it's all right with me. It'd be pretty boring if everyone agreed with everyone else.

#20 ·
cougar1969 said:
JSracing said:
AZFairlane said:
where do we sign up for that? put me down!
:lol:

Man we better get a take a number machine...

Scot something has been in my mind I have been pondering are you any kin to Jesse Jackson cuz you sure act like him... :x and al sharpton? two other useless waste of flesh.

Randy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was the funnest thing I've seen In a long time :shock:

#22 ·
ScottJackson said:
I didn't accuse Christians for the Crusades... just as I didn't accuse Muslims. I wasn't trying to say what was right or wrong. I was just saying that we've sort of already had a cowboys vs. Muslims. As for the cowboys vs. me, I didn't realize so many of the folks on this forum spewing bullshit were cowboys. That's an awfully tall order to expect me to defeat them all. As for being related to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, as Forrest Gump said, "we are not of relation". :lol: So you consider two black men to be "wastes of flesh" (edited for spelling)? Randy, are you racist? Obviously you are. You hate black people and I won't stand for it. That's sarcasm. For me to infer that you are racist by making the assumption based on very little evidence is no different than you thinking I may be anti-Christian or anti-American simply because I've pointed out that the cowboys vs. Muslims has already happened to some extent. Right winged fundamentalists? If I'm to be sent to a country with lots of those, no shipping and handling needed. This forum is proof we have plenty right here. And it's all right with me. It'd be pretty boring if everyone agreed with everyone else.

I have you know I am no way Racist some of my best friends are black and spanish and oriental, so back it up there Bucko :evil: you have the audacity to make it sound that way before you start calling names I think you need to take a long look in the friggen mirrow.

so cool off guy and go take a long walk on a really short pier.

Randy

#23 ·
And he just wants you to maybe eventually realize how silly it is to get pissed off about something so simple and harmless as a debate on an automotive forum.

Randy, did you miss the sarcasm? I thought you might so I even said, "That's sarcasm". Still, it didn't get picked up for reasons I can't even guess as to what they may be. This case of idiocy is more severe than I feared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.