460 Ford Forum banner

1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe - $300

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  gofastmerc 
#1 ·
#3 ·
what rear end would it have? What would it take to repair the intercooler I wonder? I can tig weld if it is metal.

#5 ·
gofastmerc said:
skosler said:
what rear end would it have? What would it take to repair the intercooler I wonder? I can tig weld if it is metal.
8.8 disc brake rear with 3.55's. Should have a posi. It is about 1.5 inches wider than mustang diff. But will bolt in.

The intercooler is alum.
you can buy a kit to bring the rear to normal width to fit standard axles. none the less if it runs sell off the motor and trans for 350-500 and keep the rear end and front brakes for free and carry it off for scrap and make a 100.00

#9 ·
gofastmerc said:
cougar1969 said:
my old 88 turbo coupe had a 373 Posi 4 wheel disc
Randy
Really? I thought all the TC were 3.55s. Was it an auto?
My 87 TC with auto has 3.73 gears.

I'd buy the car myself, if it had a black interior.

Skosler, I need the front clip off of it for my 85 TC if you buy it...Maybe other parts too. PM me.

#10 ·
gofastmerc said:
cougar1969 said:
my old 88 turbo coupe had a 373 Posi 4 wheel disc

Randy
Really? I thought all the TC were 3.55s. Was it an auto?

ALL 5 speeds were 3.55 Trak-Lok in 87-88

ALL Autos were 3.73 Trac-Lok in 87-88

:D :D

The ad says a cracked I/C...
I don't believe a cracked intercooler will stop the engine from running. If the wastgate stuck, it would damage alot more than the intercooler, IMO.

#11 ·
If anyone is interested... I called teh guy and he said the body is good, interior is fair to good, engine and tranny are good. Intercooler is cracked and the radiator shop could not fix it. Turbo would probably need to be rebuilt while fixing the wastegate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.