460 Ford Forum banner

DEPRESSING....my mustang will never run this fast

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  jjj_85 
#1 ·
About a year ago I picked up a cheap motorcycle to try to drop the cost of driving my diesel pickup and my mustang. Its a 1993 GSXR 750. I rebuilt the carbs and the damn thing runs 11 flat all day....I spend $1000 on that....I have atleast 4 times that in my motor alone, on the cheap side. That is upsetting to me...sorry just needed to get it out of my system.

#3 ·
jones said:
Ahh yes, but try hitting the guardrail in the motorcycle during that 11sec pass and tell us how it works out for ya. :lol:
Bwahahahahahaaa! Sorry, but that's frickin' funny.

I asked my wife the other day how much gas prices have to go up before she'll let me get a motorcycle. She wouldn't budge an inch.

A lot of my friends have them, but my other friends who were cops and emergency workers called motorcycles "organ donors."

#4 ·
Yep, I had an old ninja 750. You can be safe all you want, but you can never account for idiots over whom you have no control. I miss having the bike, but don't regret selling it either.. simply because I know it's not safe even if you're the safest rider in the world.

#5 ·
I ride an 1100 honda shadow . It won't run 11's , but my car will run in the 8's, and I don't care about going 8's on a bike. But 11's would be easy with a 460. My mustang will run 10 flat with a .060 over dove-c headed motor all day long. :lol:

#6 ·
With the right hooking chassis, and a 28/2900# car it don't take much
of a 460 w/steel heads to run 10's. Just the right combo of parts.

#7 ·
yeah I agree with you guys. I drive it like an old man, people even fly past me in cars but I get close to 50 mpg. I think my car will run 11's someday but it seems FOREVER away...

#8 ·
It doesn't take a whole lot of car to run in the 10's but it takes a pretty good motorcycle and more importantly a good motorcycle rider. I've watched those guys run at the drag races before and it seems like getting a good launch is tough when you're driving on only 1 tire.

I've never had a street motorcycle and they always seem scary to me it just seems so easy to have a car not see you and pull out in front of you or run you down and that just doesn't sound like any fun. 50 or more mpg does sound appealing.

#10 ·
Local Kawasaki dealer here in town had a mechanic get in a bad accident when a car pulled out in front of him. Not good news, broke his back and messed him up pretty bad. They don't know if he'll be alright or not. :( I've rode a few bikes in my day, but they don't really appeal to me much after seeing how bad you can get messed up on them. Cars are the same to me, not enough metal around me. I really like the Peterbilt, and any domestic land barge or 3/4 or larger pickup. 8)

#11 ·
ScottJackson said:
Yep, I had an old ninja 750. You can be safe all you want, but you can never account for idiots over whom you have no control. I miss having the bike, but don't regret selling it either.. simply because I know it's not safe even if you're the safest rider in the world.
this is "exactly" what happened to me, took 12 years for me to ride again.

#12 ·
Turbokid15 said:
Is the 93 gsxr 750 more of a crotch rocket or a light cruiser
back when i was riding 12 years ago, this bike was the crotch rocket of crotch rockets, and im sure it hasnt changed much.............i had the 750 katana, which is basically the same drivetrain, but more "cruise" friendly, with very similar power levels.

#14 ·
I sold my CBR900RR a few months ago. Took the money from the bike and invested it in my race car :lol: I owned the bike for 14 years, and raced it since it was new. A few years ago I wrecked my car in a freak rain storm at 1/8 mile going 90 MPH. I had it under control until the guy in the other lane crossed the center line and hit the wall in front of me. When i tried to steer around him it was like i was on ice. I never missed a days work, just a little stiff for a couple days. Have fun on the bike, and keep an eye on the other guy.

#15 ·
My first bike was a 94 Honda CBR 600, both me and the bike ended up on the pavement, (My fualt, not the bike or any other driver) the result was a brken ankle, three broken bones in my right foot, & pleanty of road rash, I sold the bike as a total,

I made it a couple weeks without a bike, I was actually back to riding before I got my cast off,

In 02 I bought a brand new Yamaha R1, definatly one of the most thrilling machines I've ever ridden\driven,

I've had thoughts of selling it, but all it takes is one ride to remind me how much fun it is, the 35+ MPG is cool too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.