Cant See my Pics Anymore - 460 Ford Forum
460Ford.com Site Issues & Website Help Please post here any site-related issues/problems or any suggestions you might have regarding the site (no vehicle related questions).

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

Garage
Cant See my Pics Anymore

Hello,

For some reason my pics wont open all the way up.

When Im logged in and click on a pic, the screen shades over and sops right there.

Thanks

Best ET-10.36, 128 mph.

Race it. Break it. Fix it. Repeat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Hey,

What browser/device are you using? I tested the site on Chrome on Windows 10 and couldn't replicate the issue. Can you seed me a link to a thread where this issue happens? Are you using any plugins like script or ad blockers?

Niall
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Photos in Posts don't display

This happens to me as well. Not just this forum.

I'm not sure what is blocking the photos (pop-up blocker?). I'm on Win10 with IE11 browser.

If I look at the address bar there is a blue circle with a slash threw it. Hovering on that bring up a message "some content is blocked to protect your privacy", clicking on it allows me to "turn of all filtering". However turning off filtering still doesnt let photo display (just darkens half the screen).

And it says it "is blocking 355 services" - what's that all about? Are there 355 ads/trackers/whatever on this forum (allowed by the forum)? I don't mind the forum having ads on the sides (the forum owners need to make money) but 355?

1982 F-250 XLT 4x4, 5800lbs, C6-BW1345, 466 cid, 9.5:1, TFS290 PowerPort heads, Crane Hyd Roller Cam (278/286 adv., 216/224 @.050), Edelbrock Performer, Hedman headers, QFT HR-780VS, MSD6A and Billet dist., NOS Cheater system, 4.56 gearing, 7" lift, 37" tires.

Last edited by 4604X4; 06-23-2017 at 05:59 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Administrator

I've tested with IE and the site seems to work for me fine. are you able to see the images below? Are you using any ad blockers? If so can you follow these steps it should allow you to still have the ad blocker turned on but shouldn't affect the site:

-visit our main site VerticalScope.com with your adblockers turned on.
-go in to the settings and disable the program for that site.
-this should carry over globally across any VS domains.

If that doesn't work, let us know what adblocker you're using and I'll post more specific details.

Niall

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mid image.jpg (27.6 KB, 4 views)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
I've tested with IE and the site seems to work for me fine. are you able to see the images below? Are you using any ad blockers? If so can you follow these steps it should allow you to still have the ad blocker turned on but shouldn't affect the site:

-visit our main site VerticalScope.com with your adblockers turned on.
-go in to the settings and disable the program for that site.
-this should carry over globally across any VS domains.

If that doesn't work, let us know what adblocker you're using and I'll post more specific details.

Niall

I can see both images. But when I place my mouse over the "thumbnail", the screen goes to fade rather than display the thumbnail full size. I have turned off all the filtering and blocking.
It's not just this forum. it happens elsewhere but my work computer will display the thumbnail full size.

So its some Windows security setting - I just don't know which one.

1982 F-250 XLT 4x4, 5800lbs, C6-BW1345, 466 cid, 9.5:1, TFS290 PowerPort heads, Crane Hyd Roller Cam (278/286 adv., 216/224 @.050), Edelbrock Performer, Hedman headers, QFT HR-780VS, MSD6A and Billet dist., NOS Cheater system, 4.56 gearing, 7" lift, 37" tires.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Hey there,

When you say you put your mouse over the image, you do not click the image and the page dims as if a grey filter appeared over it?
What happens when you click on it?

What browser are you using?

Richard.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:06 AM

Found work around to display full size image

First, I was wrong about saying the pictures display full size on my work computer. My office computer uses Google Chrome which does display the thumbnail full size - but if I switch to IE, the pictures doesn't display. The top half of screen just fades out when you hoover over the thumbnail, just like with my home computer

The workaround for IE users, is to go to the "User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options" and uncheck the box for "Show Images".

Then when viewing a thread with images, instead of showing a "thumbnail" of the image, the thread shows the "link" for the image. When clicking on the link the photo displays full size. Then you just need to use the browser back button to return to the thread after viewing the photo.

So you loose the "thumbnail" but you get the full size image.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in