460 Ford Forum banner

Got more done on the truck today...

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  77mud 
#1 ·
I got the truck to the sheet metal shop today, and they cut the aluminum for my bed... All I need to do is install the dzus fasteners tomorrow and get it buttoned up... Sure looks alot cleaner now...:cool::cool:

Doug...:cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
looks really nice Doug. I wish you were down here with us:D It's gonna be an all night thrash on Nick's car. :eek::eek:

#8 ·
The list of things I don't have to do is probably alot shorter...:D I'm still about a week out on having it running... I still need to upgrade my 3rd member and axles from a stocker 31 spline, to a Strange aluminum carrier with 35 spline... Gotta install some wheelie bars... May not need them, but I'd rather have them and not need them, than to wish I had them... Still have to install the trans... I had it ready to go in last night, but thought it would be better to leave it out so the tin bender didn't have to crawl around it and the driveshaft... Needless to say, it shant be ready for the races this weekend...:eek:;)

#10 ·
Looks sweet bud.:D Better put plenty of fasteners on there cuz it's gonna need em when you light that bad boy up.:eek:

#12 ·
Wow Doug

You are doing some nice work there bro. Looks clean!
You mentioned the aluminum carrier. I am assuming you are going to use the Strange unit? My brother runs this behind his 572 and guessing 800hp without a transbrake. No problems yet.

Tom

#16 ·
You are doing some nice work there bro. Looks clean!
You mentioned the aluminum carrier. I am assuming you are going to use the Strange unit? My brother runs this behind his 572 and guessing 800hp without a transbrake. No problems yet.

Tom
Yep, I'm running a Strange unit... I didn't think the stock carrier would take too many 5500 RPM launches, and I really don't want to use my factory N case...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.