460 Ford Forum banner

Bash elevation

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  LivermoreDave 
#1 ·
Does any one know what the elevation is at the track where the bash is taking place?Would like to come and bring some friends with me just have to convince them to make the drive.Should not be hard since we have no fun ford events around anymore.

#7 ·
The last 2 years we've had some really good air at the BBF Bash in KY. However last years heat offset the good air but they still ran pretty good.

Usually the Barometric Pressure around here is in the 30.00 to 30.20 range

Hope to see you at the Bash :cool:

#9 ·
I thought the elevation would have been higher but that is about the same as some of the places we run at around here (north east texas).The humidity here is allways very high though.I am looking forward to coming and playing with other big block ford nuts.I might have to bring a couple of small blocks with me too if i can get them to make the trip.

#12 ·
Man... If I get my truck to the Bash, it oughta run ALOT better than it does here... Our 1/8 mile track is at 5300' (uncorrected) and the 1/4 mile track I went to last year is around 4500' (uncorrected):D:D

Doug...:cool:

#13 · (Edited)
High High?

Owensboro airport elevation is 407'. As most have mentioned, the track should be very close to that. If I remember, my altimeter indicates 447" at the track, with corrected barometric pressure.

As Damon mentioned, the Inaugural BBF Bash's weather was the best. The Inaugural event was held early in the year when our local weather, generally is very good!

Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.