460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Well.......it's better than Drifting.....But not by much......

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There's no close track nearby to us in southeastern MA/RI. Just the roundy round. This just started last week. They also do 'spectator drags' as well, have been for years. 1 lap, winner stays for the next round, loser is eliminated. When it gets down to the last 2 cars it's a 2 lap race. Supposed to be street legal, registered cars.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sounds to me like someone needs to build a dragstrip in that area...And probably make some money.

Edit-If there is that much interest in 100' racing...660' would seem like Bonneville to those guys...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll never EVER get a track built in this area. Closest is NED which is 2 hours, followed by Lebanon, maybe 2.5 hours.

For the hardcore racers with a trailer, thats fine. For the 'weekend guy' It turns into an all day affair to make sometimes 2 runs on a test and tune night just to see what his car does... Not so much.

Spectator Drags are fairly popular around here, as a result. 4th gen F bodies, 240SX, and AWD DSMs seem to do really well.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Seems to me the problem begins with the letter M..... You need to move....

·
Registered
495 Posts
here in the province of alberta, canada it is a big thing. they usually gear it around the car shows.i actually know of a couple cars that run a 1.6-a 1.5 in a 100feet on bare pavement not a "vht" cemented track!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Don't knock it till you try it. It is alot more fun than you would think. All the ones I have been to are held at Street machine weekends. They are usually held in small towns in front of stands or on a blocked off street. This is meant for street cars and alot of these cars would probably not pass tech anyways. There is some pretty heavy hitters though and alot of fun.

Guys on here bitch about street racing and having too much power on the street and here is a venue where they can go so some people bash it and call it stupid. What a bunch of morons.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts