460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hookedonpullin, I never thought about that. I'm gonna look into having that done. Have you or anybody else on here ever had a job like this done? Was it or is it successful? I am ticky and try to be cauious. I think we all are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It would be cheaper just to buy the 2.200 valves then to buy 2.250 valves and turn them down. We are dealers for REV, PEP, Ferrea, and many others. The valve you are looking for is a shelf item. Call us mon-fri 9-5 at Kotzur Racing Heads (210) 590-1540 and ask for Pete or Nick.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auctually what I have is the Kaase SCJ head and I already got the 2.20's with a 30 degree back cut and 1.76 motor sport valves which is stock length. I'm wanting .100 longer so I can go with a heigher install height. And with the additional valve lenghth, will the valve train geomatry remain the same? Or will it get possitive like the P-51's geomatry?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
The Kaase P-51 heads use a +.100" longer valves than the FRPP SCJ heads. Also, the Kaase P-51 heads use a 2.250" diameter intake valve, verses the 2.200" diameter in the FRPP SCJ heads. With the SCJ heads, you need to check your geometry very carefully.

Hope this helps,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts