460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I’m new to the BBF world. I have lots of experience with Windsor’s and Cleveland’s, currently have an n/a pump gas 410w that runs 9.60s at 140 with a nash speed.

Lately I’ve been researching the BBF stuff and I’m quite impressed by the power potential.

What would your recipe be as far as block, rotating assembly, heads/cam/intake for a 1000hp n/a engine that could be street driven, on pump fuel??

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey guys,

I’m new to the BBF world. I have lots of experience with Windsor’s and Cleveland’s, currently have an n/a pump gas 410w that runs 9.60s at 140 with a nash speed.

Lately I’ve been researching the BBF stuff and I’m quite impressed by the power potential.

What would your recipe be as far as block, rotating assembly, heads/cam/intake for a 1000hp n/a engine that could be street driven, on pump fuel??
Kaase just built a engine for a guy down here in Australia.........

598ci
boss heads
11.1 comp
scat crank & rods
Diamond pistons
Hydraulic roller
Z-bar lifters
Holley EFI

Made 1000hp on pump gas @6800rpm and 860tq.

Street driven car with a tremec T56 Magnum 6 speed manual.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
109 Posts
first BBF = $$ lol
clegg 545 stroker kit
aluminum heads
871 blower
fitech dual fuel injection
custom c6 trans
tds 6060 billet rear axle
msd electronics

just as a starting point I have reached 28k in my power train 1000 plus hp I used a quality machine shop and no used parts including the bolts I like the power and the torque but my god it was expensive and took 5 years lol and if your target is 1000 + hp your mods will not stop at the motor you get that serious you must build a 1000 hp car not just a 1000 hp motor

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first BBF = $$ lol
clegg 545 stroker kit
aluminum heads
871 blower
fitech dual fuel injection
custom c6 trans
tds 6060 billet rear axle
msd electronics

just as a starting point I have reached 28k in my power train 1000 plus hp I used a quality machine shop and no used parts including the bolts I like the power and the torque but my god it was expensive and took 5 years lol and if your target is 1000 + hp your mods will not stop at the motor you get that serious you must build a 1000 hp car not just a 1000 hp motor
When I look at the cost of parts, nothing is really much more expensive than the sbf stuff.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
4.6 x 4.5 Ford A460 or Eliminator block. IF you don't use the Kaase Boss9 heads, either a set of C-460's, or highly ported and worked A-460's that flow 475+. 11:1 - 11.5:1
Oh, you could look into the C&C Motorsports Pro-18 if money isn't an issue. ( It's like the Thor head)

That's still building an engine that will make 1.67 hp per cubic inch, so a vac pump and light tension rings would be helpful in your quest.

Are you thinking about a single 4 bbl, or a tunnel ram ? ... Carbs or EFI ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4.6 x 4.5 Ford A460 or Eliminator block. IF you don't use the Kaase Boss9 heads, either a set of C-460's, or highly ported and worked A-460's that flow 475+. 11:1 - 11.5:1
Oh, you could look into the C&C Motorsports Pro-18 if money isn't an issue. ( It's like the Thor head)

That's still building an engine that will make 1.67 hp per cubic inch, so a vac pump and light tension rings would be helpful in your quest.

Are you thinking about a single 4 bbl, or a tunnel ram ? ... Carbs or EFI ?
Single 4bbl if it could make the number. I would think it would take at least an sr 71, c460, or maybe a pro filer head to make these numbers. I’ve got a lot to learn about the bbf stuff.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Single 4bbl if it could make the number. I would think it would take at least an sr 71, c460, or maybe a pro filer head to make these numbers. I’ve got a lot to learn about the bbf stuff.
612cid big Ford engine.
This engine made 1017hp and 886tq. This engine was custom designed for a mud truck using 93 octane. This engine features.
Eliminator Products block
Custom rotating assembly
Trickflow A460 heads as cast
Trickflow as cast intake
Our custom BHP solid roller cam
Holley fuel injection
MSD ignition
For more information about our custom designed engines and dyno proven parts check out our website at barnetthighperformance.com

Cheers, Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts