460 Ford Forum banner

1050 Dominator - Have it tweaked or buy a new one?

• Send it to Pro-Systems for tweaking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Send it to Quick-Fuel for tweaking

• Sell it and buy a new Quick Fuel 1050 Dominator

• Sell it and buy a new (another brand) 1050 Dominator

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie/Lem or whomever,

IF you had your choice and let's say you owned my Dominator carb which runs TOO rich at idle and part throttle. Would you send it off to have it tweaked, say by Pro-Systems or Quick Fuel, or would you sell it and just buy a new Quick Fuel Carb? How much is a 1050 Quick Fuel Dominator gas carb for a Drag car?

The carb I have now makes great power but I just can't stand the 'rich' smell in the car and the sluggish throttle response. If I had a two step and used the transbrake it wouldn't matter LOL!

Reference: http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=

Thanks!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Damon, I purchased a Q-FUEL 950 hp drag only from Phillip Oakley,he was a great person to do biz.with. always call back with answers for my dumb questions. the carb was great, made the old 472 alot more crisp. I thought my low end would suffer a bit, but it is great from start to 7000. not only that it's pretty lol.Ed

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Damon,

Either buy a new Quick Fuel carb, or send the old one to them for reworking. They have the new style metering blocks with better fuel emulsion and etc. You can call Phillip or I either one. We both work together on a lot of this stuff. Phillips numbers are (270)684-1039, and (270)929-5185. Mine is (270)685-4654.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lem Evans said:
Damon...call i'll tell you how to lean the carb off idle .
Charlie/Lem

I'll try to give you a call today or sometime this week. Been REALLY busy with this moving crap. I'll only be at work today and Tuesday this week. IF I can get this carb to work then that would be better but based on the information I got from Dave McLain about the Jim Evans Racing carbs, they run rich at idle and off idle........

I also talked to Patrick at Pro-systems and sent him all my information. He quoted me a custom built carb for my combo at $890 flowing (1060 to 1080cfm), about the same price as the quick fuel carbs. However as I told Patrick, I'm not in a big hurry at this time due to the fact that I can't get back to the track until sometime in May. I HATE moving!

Thanks!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts