460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
if you dont want the attention quit posting about it! dont take it harshly, but how many times have you posted it now how he didnt have a pump for you?
**** happens especially when it comes to parts,backorders or previous work or manufacturers etc. etc.
it happens to everyone especially this time of year.
john

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
69boss429,

I have met with Paul on several occasions and have conducted business transactions with him. He takes the time to offer a rare service, blueprinting oil pumps, and counts on other people in order to get that done. It is racing season right now, and all his pumps got bought out. I know that Paul bends over backwards, and sometimes even loses money just to keep his word and have good customer service. In your case, he just can't provide the pump in time for you. Period. If Paul could, he would. You drag his name through this forum like he did you the greatest wrong. He did not take money from you, answered your questions, but he can't do the pump in time. Buy a pump and have your engine builder blueprint it. It is not a black art. I believe in karma, just hope you don't find yourself in a position of not being able to "honor a verbal commitment", and have your name dragged about.

AND THIS IS ALL OVER AN OIL PUMP???

Peace,

Dave

·
Registered
928 Posts
Gee I guess maybe I should go and start a bunch of threads about how Summit racing and Jegs are such bad places too, I mean I ordered a set of replacement axles for a Bronco and they couldn't get them for 2 months that must mean they are terrible business's

If you wanted to have it for sure maybe calling in advance might have been a good idea, backorders happen it's part of life, Paul works real hard at getting things out, but he also has to order parts (the oil pumps) form another company and depend on them having the part in stock then has to take the time to work on them etc. I have bought from Paul in the past, and will again, if I was in an emergency situation and absolutely had to have a pump just order a melling pump put it in, and when Paul gets some done you can replace that stocker with it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I cant say what happened, because I really dont know. BUT when someone tells you something, then it falls through when you have a dead line. It really SUCKS. I wish more people were just up front. what im saying has nothing to do with anyone on this site. I feel youre pain buddy, Ive been there. **** happens. It happens with RARE cars like yours.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
bla bla bla how cares get over it
i myself am waiting on parts from a few differnt venders yea it sucs but if i have an issue with them i prefer to do it over the phone insted of beening a chickensh*t about it and try to bad mouth on here
just my 2cents

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
monsterbaby said:
Gee I guess maybe I should go and start a bunch of threads about how Summit racing and Jegs are such bad places too, I mean I ordered a set of replacement axles for a Bronco and they couldn't get them for 2 months that must mean they are terrible business's

Rob,
If you still don't have your axles try Jeff's Bronco Grave Yard.
I ordered mine and had them in 3 days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a perfectly good stripped nut from Paul last year. It was on Ebay!
:D

To me Paul is a man with good knowledge and helps out alot of people here at 460ford.com. To me, this is a forum for something we all have in common, fun with the 385's. not bashing members. Its understandable when you want to get stuff done and the parts aren't availble to get the job done that it can be fustrating as hell. I think that goes for both you and Paul. A business is there to provide service and make money doing it.
I think He'll do his best to do what he can to help you, just as any other guy would. Posting negative stuff here isn't going to solve anything. This is just a forum for guys who want to have fun and gain knowledge. The more guys post a reply, taking sides, the more fustrated people will become. Don't let a weeks delay ruin the fun of something you enjoy doing so much. "look at this awesome motor I built up....but that stupid oil pump...". Ughhh! Who knows, that pump just might add alot of life to your engine. :wink: I do hope things smooth out between both of you.

Take care, Troy

·
Registered
928 Posts
deerhunter3814 said:
monsterbaby said:

Rob,
If you still don't have your axles try Jeff's Bronco Grave Yard.
I ordered mine and had them in 3 days.
David,
Thanks that was actually handled 8 months ago, but at the time I needed them everyone was out of stock (even Jeff's couldn't get the ones I was looking for at the time) found a place locally that happened to have a set on the shelf.

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
I feel I should chime in here...

I have been keeping track of the posts on this matter and have some thoughts.

First off as a business owner I often have to deal with the inability of vendors to get a product to me on time. This time of year is especially bad. Many times it is simply out of my control. It is what it is.

If a client inquires about a product I do not have but do not take payment then no order has been placed regardless of a verbal statement of potential delivery time. End of story.

To assume that paul slow walked you and placed others in line ahead of you is pure BS plain and simple.

I have known Paul Kane for many years both as a business associate and in time as a friend . He is honest, articulate, knowledgable and goes a long mile to help those in need. I have nothing but the greatest respect for the man.

For you to drag this matter out as you have lends serious doubt to your credibility in this matter. If you were a potential client of mine I would fire you too. There are too many pleasent and wonderful persons that I deal with on a daily basis to put up with ranting, vengeful and unappreciative persons.

Long story short. Get over it and move on. I doubt you will find much sympathy here.

8)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
deerhunter3814 said:
monsterbaby said:
Now just imagine if you only call to see if they had some in stock and never put any money down on a set , and after two weeks you called them back and they still didn't have any in stock and they couldn't tell you when they would have some in stock because of the back log of other vendor's looking for a set of axles for people who had placed orders and paid for the parts already... I guess I'd just never do business with them again .

ShaZam just my 2 Cents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts