460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It you are just looking for a plain flat nut, then speedway motors sells 11/16-18 fine thread jam nuts that are stainless steel.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would try and change the stud to something different. Mcmaster has 11/16"-24 stainless nuts.... Seems like and odd size. 95621A700* they are $17.64 a piece......
These are for a floating hub. I'm pretty sure they have a proprietary press in stud. I'll have to look again. I do remember that they are press ins.
Rob

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would try and change the stud to something different. Mcmaster has 11/16"-24 stainless nuts.... Seems like and odd size. 95621A700* they are $17.64 a piece......
Thanks everyone for looking those up. I'm pretty sure that the 18-8 Stainless is no where near hard enough. Too bad because dimensionally the ones that 460pulling looked up are just right......UUUUUGH! lol
Rob

·
Registered
666 Posts
You know there has got to be a reason we hot rod..lol
This is hot roding at its best good luck and let us know where you find them or what you do

·
Registered
569 Posts
sheard lugs

Hey whitelightning.... remind me to tell you the story of me shearing all the studs on my left drive and the 4 mile drive home!! hahaha IT'S A GOOD ONE!!!!!

Thinking you are right about stainless... can't cut the s**t but the tensile strength is HORRIBLE!! I could never figure that one out! haha

Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/strange-engineering/department/wheels-tires/part-type/lug-nuts/product-line/strange-engineering-lug-nuts?autoview=SKU&sortby=Default&sortorder=Default

Strange Engineering A1027-D - Strange Engineering Lug Nuts
Click here for more information about Strange Engineering A1027-D - Strange Engineering Lug Nuts
Compare

Lug Nut, Steel, Flange Style, 5/8 in. -18 RH, Each

Not Yet Reviewed

Part Number: STR-A1027-D More Detail...

Estimated Ship Date: Today
Thanks Rex.Those are for the back side of the axle flange when you have screw in studs.....and it's 5/8" lol.

Gang, I have live hubs, a full floater 9" (no, it's not stock lol) The hub is aluminum with press in studs and they go through a drive plate on the face of the hub and the axle is splined into the drive plate.....And they ARE 11/16" fine threaded studs. I'm thinking that this type of hub is old school high horsepower stuff.
Rob

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey whitelightning.... remind me to tell you the story of me shearing all the studs on my left drive and the 4 mile drive home!! hahaha IT'S A GOOD ONE!!!!!

Thinking you are right about stainless... can't cut the s**t but the tensile strength is HORRIBLE!! I could never figure that one out! haha

Good Luck!!!!
.......Oh, this ought to be good lol.
Rob

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If its aluminum press in hubs, then is there enough meat to open it up to the more common 5/8" studs? Convert it to screw in and call it a say. A hone on the wheels will open them up just right....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry cut and pasted wrong one

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-611-043

$28.97
Wheel Nut 11/16-16 Flanged Flat Face - 1-1/8 In. Hex, 1-1/16 In. Length
Brand:Dorman
Manufacturer's Part Number:611-043
Part Type:Lug Nuts
Summit Racing Part Number:RNB-611-043
HOLY $(%*&#*(&*$&(#@!!!!!!!!!
I hope that isn't the price EACH! But it doesn't say "sold in sets of 5", lol
I guess when you run the REALLY big boy toys....... lol
Good Luck with that. Now that you have a part number you can do an amazon search, hahaha
Just to remember to save a few bucks for me :D
Still trying to find out about other blowers. Just like you wanting to know what that chute is worth, I would still like to get you one of the other blowers and hang onto mine from 1967..... we shall see.....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts