460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of 18 bolt TFS A460 heads from SVRE (steve vance racing engines) A member on this site. He cnc'd them and the intake manifold. With a 2.45 titanium intake valve he got 500 cfm:D out of them. I think that was a .850 lift. Any way he should be shipping them out tomorrow and I can't wait to get them:D.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Steve is a great guy !!! he did some repair work for me on my last top end package !!! he is also the head cam guy for Joe Gibbs Racing !!! pretty cool dude ....

Charles what is the maintence routine on those kind of heads with those tit. valves and the kind of valve angles those heads have ??? can you post the flow for those heads 500cfm is very impressive ...damn that bitch is going to haul ...i told you you better get that cage updated :D

later

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve is a great guy !!! he did some repair work for me on my last top end package !!! he is also the head cam guy for Joe Gibbs Racing !!! pretty cool dude ....

Charles what is the maintence routine on those kind of heads with those tit. valves and the kind of valve angles those heads have ??? can you post the flow for those heads 500cfm is very impressive ...damn that bitch is going to haul ...i told you you better get that cage updated :D

later
I don't have flow sheets yet, but I will gladly post them. I don't know what my maintence will be, but some one just bumped a thread fro charlie evans talking about what you are asking me.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Sound like a great set of heads, post some pics and flows when you get them.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
500 just dont believe that :(
Just about anything is possible. Steve Vance has a pretty good rep. He also told me to go ahead and get them flowed by who ever I wanted just to confirm the flow #s. I will post both sheets when I get them.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as long as the flow at least 470 to 480 range I'll be happy. The extra cfm Steve was able to get is just a bonus.:)

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
What valve job?

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
you will be happy Charles ...... dont worry they should flow 480-485 w/ the 2.40 valve ---you went with the 2.45 valve it should be close to the 500cfm mark .... remember we dont race flow benches :)

No Bruno we don't race flow benches but in some cases where the midrange numbers are above the others and they show the same peak numbers the better mid range number heads will kick the others ASSSSSSSSSSSSS hands down...... so Flow numbers are important... and you know they are if not why did you have yours ported 2 times???

Randy

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Well you better believe it....................:D Cuz I got a set too that does real close to that.
X2 he don't know, what he don't know....LOL There are the odd rumors heard every now and again of well worked a heads flowing at or above the 500 mark...... They shall remain unnammed and undisclose due to secrecy agreements and threat of black helicopters taking one away in the night......

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Dammmmmm

Well you better believe it....................:D Cuz I got a set too that does real close to that.
Hey Charles that makes me wish i would went those heads instead of the blue thunder with chevy ext ports.Are these heads the tfs R heads.Hey you got me very intereasted now.Will give u a call. Until then later. Hollow. Unclewiley

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
X2 he don't know, what he don't know....LOL There are the odd rumors heard every now and again of well worked a heads flowing at or above the 500 mark...... They shall remain unnammed and undisclose due to secrecy agreements and threat of black helicopters taking one away in the night......
Sounds all cloak and dagger like:eek:

That kinda flow will feed some hungry horses!!! Whats the est. HP on a deal like that?

Bill

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Sounds all cloak and dagger like:eek:

That kinda flow will feed some hungry horses!!! Whats the est. HP on a deal like that?

Bill
Depends on the Build, but definetly capible of over 1200 with big inches and a tunnel ram, from what I've been told......... But thats off the record of course.....LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts