460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Looks like a highly modified Chrysler head on top of a Ford Block... With the distributor in the front and all... :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
235 Posts
compression ratio?

Only 13 to 1 compression. Must be because he expects customers to spray it. In NA form he's leaving some HP on the table. Could that have something to do with the Hemi configuration? I know Hemis have large domes which add a lot of weight to the reciprocating assembly.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
ThndrChkn said:
Looks like a highly modified Chrysler head on top of a Ford Block... With the distributor in the front and all... :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)
Doug, you are close. It's a copy of the Roberts design Ford hemi head. It was the only way the Chevy's could compete with the hemi Fords in IHRA Pro Stock. :D

Maulerman, they don't have a traditional style hemi combustion chamber. Go to C&C Motorsports or Kaase's websites & look at the combustion chamber on the Roberts design hemi heads & you will see what I am talking about. :D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
ThndrChkn said:

Doug... 8)
Doug, you are close. It's a copy of the Roberts design Ford hemi head. It was the only way the Chevy's could compete with the hemi Fords in IHRA Pro Stock. :D

Maulerman, they don't have a traditional style hemi combustion chamber. Go to C&C Motorsports or Kaase's websites & look at the combustion chamber on the Roberts design hemi heads & you will see what I am talking about. :D
I believe you hit the nail square on the head Chris... "The only way Chevy could compete" Sounds just like Nascrap, and how the new Chevy head was designed by Robert Yates.... :roll:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
928 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
Actually just look at the top right hand of that web page linked in the first post, it shows one of the heads combustion chambers right there.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
4speed390 said:
I saw that add a while back and was wondering what kaase's gonna do now? I mean at the moment his motors are now what 150 or so hp behind?
There is also a difference of 49 cubic inches and Jon's ad says 1700+. So I don't think he's telling all. I'm certain if he built one that was 864 inches it would surpass the 1900 mark. Jon's engines have won 12 IHRA Pro Stock Championships since 1995, so I don't think he has anything to worry about :wink: .

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
YellerMax said:
$90,000??? Does it come with a straw to snort all the cocaine out of the nooks and crannies?
Yeller, a guy I know locally ran IHRA Pr Stock for a few years. He bought a 815 Kaase motor. This was in the 2000-2002 . He showed me the original invoice. $80,000. He then showed me the invoice where he sent it back to be freshened & updated. That was another $25,000. It takes big money to play with the big boys. :D

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
YellerMax said:
$90,000??? Does it come with a straw to snort all the cocaine out of the nooks and crannies?
Yeller, a guy I know locally ran IHRA Pr Stock for a few years. He bought a 815 Kaase motor. This was in the 2000-2002 . He showed me the original invoice. $80,000. He then showed me the invoice where he sent it back to be freshened & updated. That was another $25,000. It takes big money to play with the big boys. :D
Reminds me of an old joke. "How do you turn a large fortune into nothing? - go racing" :lol:

and it is very true :(

Steve

·
Registered
256 Posts
68xr7cat said:
TopSportsman916 said:
YellerMax said:
Reminds me of an old joke. "How do you turn a large fortune into nothing? - go racing" :lol:

and it is very true :(

Steve
I believe that goes "How do you make a million dollars racing?

Start with 3 million!

·
Registered
508 Posts
.good call, I thought I saw somewhere that they were legal for it but I guess I must have been dreaming 8)
TopSportsman916 said:
Those new Sonny's motors aren't legal for IHRA Pro Stock. They are on a 5.3" bore spacing. The IHRA Pro Stocks are at 5" bore spacing. Comparing apples to oranges.. :D

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah 4speed the 5.3 chevy hemi is for Promod racing. And the $25,000 refresh at Kaase's is every 36 passes, they usually have atleast 2 complete engines, using one and other at the shop getting freshened up. Hopefully your sponsor has a money tree!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts