Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1962 Galaxie

Frame off rust free Colorado car. Stock frame rails, mini tubbed, aftermarket topgun 4 link, anti-roll, strange through bolt center section with 3.89 pro-gears, 35 spline axles gunn drilled and star flanged, afco double adjustables on rear, will fit a 29.5 X 10.5W or a 315 radial. Wilwood brakes all 4 corners, parachute, moly cage good to 8.50's. Alumistar wheels front and rear. Stock gutted dash, removable steering wheel, clutch pedals assembly, floor tunnel cut for Lenco 5 speed.Rack and pinion with removable crossmember. All new stock interior carpet and door panels as well as head liner. Kirkey seats, modified lightweight rear seat frame with material to match the kirkeys included. Autometer gauges, Autometer playback tach , clutch switch, driveshaft collar for data collection. MSD digital 7 programmable, ezwire complete 9 circuit wiring harness and fuse panel. New glass all the way around, silver exterior with red interior. 557 stock modified block from engine systems, scat billet crank, oliver 6.800 rods, venolia pistons 14:1, comp custom roller , C-460 cylinder heads with little port work, Ti valves, Jesel rocker system, choice of tunnel ram or single 4 system with Quickfuel 1150 carberators, 2 3/8" custom headers with 4" colllectors and matching 4" stainless exhaust system with stainless Dynomax mufflers. Aluminum flywheel, Mcleod soft-lok single disc adj pressure plate clutch, Lakewood bell, Lenco ST1200 5 speed transmission, Dynotech Metal Matrix composite driveshaft. All new or refurbished exterior bright work, including grille and rear tail panel assembly. Fiberglass front fenders, inner fenders, hood , scoop,core support, trunk lid and bumpers as well as bumper brackets. Bumpers are ready for paint but not painted. No radiator. This car is 99.9% there in boxes. Everything is new except engine. It has 50 passes on it and is disassembled for inspection. Been an 8 1/2 year project that I have repeatedly lost interest in.

Will not separate. No trades .Package deal. $29500. E-mail only kamkearkam(at)verizon.net

·
Registered
524 Posts
Beautiful car I can't believe you are selling it but good luck with the sale. Love those 62's.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
W0W, Travis, that thing is crazy nice.ITs worth 2x that much ready to show. Nice work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bump for a work of art.

I can't believe you are selling it but I completely understand.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Beautiful car Travis, you are a true craftsman. Sorry to see you are selling it, I was looking forward to seeing it finished but I can understand losing interest, life has to come first. Good luck with the sale, whom ever buys it is getting a bargain, I wish I had the money to make it mine.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Bump for a beatiful car and a great guy.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
That car would be nice w/Randy Spohn's 1000+ hp FE in it and take it to the FE reunion in PA. If I had your money I would own it.:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
That car would be nice w/Randy Spohn's 1000+ hp Folf shoes unE in it and take it to the FE reunion in PA. If I had your money I would own it.:)
Oh crap here we go. You just get your cracker *** in the house and start ripping out the rugs and putting in the new hardwood floors Sooz wants. Hey did you ever find my red golf shoes under your bed?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump. Just had the car wet sanded and buffed last week as part of a deal. Interested party never showed up. Still for sale at the same price even though I have another $550 invested.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Travis,if you could get that car too Beaver Springs PA. this spring for the FE event. I bet you would find a happy buyer. I'd like too have it ,but I'm moving too Florida in 2yrs. and need too get rid of a bunch of things myself. :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Rick. I may try ebay in a week or 2. If it's still here in the spring I may separate the engine and let the rest of the car go. It's not a popular body style and I know that but I don't think there is a nicer 62 galaxie race car out there. Hard work is done.

Travis

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.