460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1966 Ford Fairlane (no engine/trans) ***SOLD***

1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL Roller (no engine/trans),set up for a 289 to 460 with the shock towers notched. Cal Trac bars, 16 gallon fuel cell (no pump or lines), 31 spline axles, front and rear sway bars, sub frame connectors, full rear seat, working drum brakes with line lock installed, decent 16 year old Maaco paint job with rust bubbles on top of fenders and rust areas on front and rear quarter panels, surface rust on floor board riveted patch panels, original instrument panel was replaced with fabricated panel for Autometer 2 5/8" gauges (not included), headliner/sun visors new but not installed (it looks great like it is with nothing up there), trans crossmember (will work with auto or manual), American Thunder Flowmaster exhaust pipes from header/tailpipes with chrome tips (no mufflers), fabricated front support which bolts on/off to facilitate engine installation/removal, Thunderbolt teardrop hood scoop with pins. Car has a clean title, and had historic plates and driven since 1996. I just removed the 521 stroker/C6 from it to put in a new project. Lights, wipers, heat/defrost, turn signals, all work. $1000 Call/text Pat at 732-232-1377. I have a car trailer, and can deliver this car for a fee, based on mileage from 08724 to your door. I will give you a quote if needed. This is a great car to throw a low buck engine/trans in and have some fun burning tires and cruising. Leave the feather duster home! I have small mini spares on there for rolling purposes only. I will leave the Ford "N" case 31 spline Traction Lock differential, with new bearings, races, seal, and clutch packs, for an extra $500. I also have a Summit Racing dual core aluminum radiator with dual electric fans (5000cfm total) for an extra $200. (These items are also on Craiglist and can sell anytime)
Many of you guys saw this at the Bash, and although it's far from perfect, it's still a solid cool car. As soon as I take the engine out of my brother's 47 Ford Truck, I will have a 472/C6 combination for sale, so I will list that as well in another thread. My Dad and I are pooling our money for a 32 Ford 5 Window Coupe project, and we are going to put my 521/C6 combo in there. Most of the stuff I took out of the Fairlane, is going in the Coupe. Should be a nice ride. He already sold his 63 Falcon, so I'm behind the 8 ball. I'm listing my truck too, so that's coming next......

Here's how she looks sitting and ready to go. I decided to leave the radiator and fans in there for anyone here.

Carpet and seats are no longer in the car, but picture is to show the dash only.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures....

The top system with Mufflers is staying, but the Flowmaster pipes go. It's only a 2 1/2" system, so I think it's too small for most of the guys here. :D Great for a small block though. :!:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Dam I love them , them 2door non post cars were killer , fuel to Brooks ,Alberta would be about as much as the car !!!cut all the VIN tags off my '67 Fairlane 427 car after I rapped around a pole at 160 mph !!!( Young and drunK)
Frank

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBF motor mounts and headers included? How much for fuel to 49849?
I'm using the engine mounts on the new project, but they were Crites mounts and I still have the Crites Headers I'd throw in for nothing if you're going with a 460. Good Lord though, that's 1,139 miles one way! If I had to throw a number out there, I'd bring it to your door for $1000 with my pickup and trailer. I'd have to have that up front, and schedule time off from work. But hey, I've done crazier things in my life. LOL

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The floor pans have riveted patch panels that were in there back in 96. I could take up the carpet and take pictures if I have to.

Edited: I took some pictures of the car with the carpet removed, and a bunch of shots underneath. When I lifted the carpet, I had some moisture under the rubber sound pads. There was some rust on parts of the patch panels, but it scrapped off to shiny with a utility knife. If patch panels aren't your thing, you would put new metal in there anyway. The only guy that will notice, is the guy you run over. LOL It is what it is, so here you go...

·
Registered
412 Posts
rust

Why so rusted ???that car come off the coast or because of up north salt usage???Kinda funny if it wasn`t blue think i would be lookn at mine steering wheel,tear drop,fuel cell,no emblem on grille, same..Do like the idea for insert on dash been wanting to move my guages under dash,also cutout for rad up front make it so much easier to.install motor and tranny ...Bill

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why so rusted ???that car come off the coast or because of up north salt usage???Kinda funny if it wasn`t blue think i would be lookn at mine steering wheel,tear drop,fuel cell,no emblem on grille, same..Do like the idea for insert on dash been wanting to move my guages under dash,also cutout for rad up front make it so much easier to.install motor and tranny ...Bill
This aint Texas! LOL It had the same rust area's back in 96 when I got it. Kept patching up the same old spots. The new mount I made for the radiator is great for engine swapping. I never drove this in snow, because drag radials don't work in snow. haha It is what it is.

A70Maverick, you and I think alike, and this car is a good one to start a project with. I think the pictures make it look worse than what it really is, and if people want a Boyd Coddington special, go pay big bucks for it. This is something the average Joe can have a lot of fun with, and not spend a ton of money. I'm selling my parts left and right off this thing now, so I'm going to try and sell the radiator and fans on craigslist. If someone buys the car before I sell that, I'll still include it. I wish I had 28 spline axles to pop in there, because I'd like to sell the 31 spline axles and differential. That is the most expensive parts on the car. :D

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Hey Pat,better buy you a new camera,cause you just wore that one out:p:p.
Bump,for 1 honest Dude:)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! The other site lets me load em all up in one shot, but I had to do 10 per post here. LOL I know someone could be coming from a good ride away, so I didn't want any surprises. What you see is what you get! If I wasn't going in with my Dad on that Coupe, I would have done what I did here stripping it down, MIG'd all the little holes and made fresh patch panels and welded them in, sprayed the snot out of it with that rubberized coating in cans top and bottom, rough sand the bottom parts and spray more of that stuff, bondo the rear quarters and bought fiberglass fenders from Crites, fiberglass bumpers, fiberglass hood, and made another trip to Maaco for a white paint job and enjoyed another 15 years of fun, along with a new C6. You can't take this stuff too serious. :D

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
New Price $2000 or b/o. UPDATES: The aluminum radiator and fans are no longer available with car. The "N" case 9 inch differential is no longer available with car, but I have to leave the 31 spline axles in there to roll this thing away.(what a shame I didn't keep my old 28 spline axles ) :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts