460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to rotate the wheels on my 68 Thunderbird and I cannot find the torque specs for the lug nuts. The lug nuts are 13/16 on the stock 15 inch steel wheels with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im trying to rotate the wheels on my 68 Thunderbird and I cannot find the torque specs for the lug nuts. The lug nuts are 13/16 on the stock 15 inch steel wheels with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Any help is appreciated.
Probably the best would be to look in the Ford car shop manual for 1968. I don't have one. But Ford often shows torque specifications in their shop manuals based on the size of the bolt/stud. If you state the stud size I can give you the torque shown in another Ford shop manual which I do have. The closest I have is the 1970 truck manual.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
105 ft/lbs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably the best would be to look in the Ford car shop manual for 1968. I don't have one. But Ford often shows torque specifications in their shop manuals based on the size of the bolt/stud. If you state the stud size I can give you the torque shown in another Ford shop manual which I do have. The closest I have is the 1970 truck manual.
thanks for the help, in my shop manual it says 70-115 ft/ibs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts