460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2 door continental in the process of a rebuilt. I am in the need of motor mounts. I have read about 150 posts on here but havent found an answer. I have 2 sets of mounts 1 set is broken, the other is in rough shape. I'd prefer to have some new ones. I see that Baker and Lincoln land have some but they are backed up and could take some time. Also they are $350 for a set and I need to send in mine as the core. Is that really the best I can find? Is there other years that would work? Seems like the 462 is the popular option but that isn't in the cards for me at this point. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Hi Chaser,
What year and model is your car?

Dan

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Based on what you said above I'm not clear if you have a 462 or 460. The 460 became available in 68, either way Rockauto lists engine mounts for both.

Dan

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Which engine do you have? Can you post some pictures?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
That is the 462 mount, are you sure you have a 460? Do you have pictures of the engine? Rockauto shows they have the ones pictured for like $5 bucks. They have them listed under 68 Lincoln Continental with 462 The link below should take you there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ones in the picture I bought from someone. The ones in the link don't have the same offset as the ones I have. The motor I am putting in is for sure a 460. The motor I pulled is from a 78 towncar. That towncar motor was in in my 68' when I bought it. I was told it is a 460. What is the tell tale signs between a 460 and 462 that you could tell from pictures? The 460 mounts look Totally different. I will probably by them since I know the new motor is a 460. I also need a brake booster. The one from rockauto is NOT the correct one.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Try advanced search, there is a bunch of information in these forums for the 462, nothing interchanges with the 460, my understanding is the heads can be bolted on but you would have to have custom pistons made on and on. The 460 to me is the engine to have.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts