460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 68 mustang tube chassis car, It is powered by a 460 motor with 1971 cj heads. Heads are profesionally ported as well as the intake. It runs on pump gas, no spray or power adders, as it was built as a bracket car. Fully built c-6 trans. The car has the best of everything. It has run a best of 10.06 @134mph. It 60 foots at 1.34 and is wicked consistent. Great cage work as well as all tin, The suspension is ladder bar rear and tubular control arms and coil over up front, with a mustang 2 manual rack. complete with all electronics.
The mustang leaves super straightand transfers perfectly. I guestimate the motor makes about 525-550 hp calculated from my et's and mph.. Could easily go into the 9's or faster with minor changes.
Engine, trans. and diff are excellent and do not require overhaul. Motor has perfect compresion, holds excellent oil pressure when hot at idle, and shows only 3% leakdown.
The trans is a c-6 with a TCI full manual reverse valve body, Trans break, a 3400 stall tork, has a trans safety sheild, cooler etc. etc you get the picture.
Diff is a 9" with mark williams spool and mark williams 35 spline axles.
The body and frame are in great shape, but could use paint as it was sprayed with black epoxy primer. Although it looks really cool the way it sits. Its a blast to race, A very reliable car. It was way overbuilt to avoid break downs
The mustang is race ready, needs nothing at all just fuel
Asking price is $11000 you could contact me at 514 409-6349. I am located in montreal quebec about 1 hour from Plattsburgh NY. I could assist with transport. No time and lack of storage forces me to sell.
George

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am very interested in the car. you have a pm. when is the best time to call you?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice Car!

Beautiful car! I'm building one just like it. Just curious which scoop is that and what size is it? I'm loooking to run a scoop on mine next year , but I don't know which one would fit the best. Your's looks just right.

Good luck with the sale,

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts