460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1969 429 Thunderjet, includes front sump oil pan and pump, SCJ heads(remanufactured), cast iron intake, hyperutectic pistons with stock bore(no lip), stock steel crank, resized rods, elgin cam with lifters,rockers and pushrods, 2.19 intake valves and 1.73 exhaust, balancer. Located in Houston, Texas; pick up only contact Bill Stone at 832-877-4253 Oh, and price is $800 obo. Just for kicks, it came out of a 69' Maurauder with 425 horse on the plaque that resides on firewall

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
What are the #'s on the heads and Block?

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Bill, We Realy need to work on your Ford Information......... Your droping way to many Hi Dollar References in your Ad, Is it possible you don't know what your selling or are Trying to take advantage of some unknowing buyer?

Something smells a little fishy here..... 2 BS ads in your first two Posts, Come on Man......

Plus your working Craigs List and a few other Site's Pretty Hard with a bunch of other Questionable ads.........

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
There are so many items in the ad that don't add up. Unless someone went to the trouble of a lot of high dollar machining, the crank is not a "steel" crank, it is cast. SCJ heads don't have 2.19 valves either. You aren't dealing with run of the mill people here, there are the best BBF minds on the planet that reside here, and we are here to learn and help others. If you would provide some casting #'s and pics, we would be more than willing to identify what you have and give you loads of info on it. This applies to the crank you have also.:)

·
Registered
555 Posts
waiting to see this one!

There are so many items in the ad that don't add up. Unless someone went to the trouble of a lot of high dollar machining, the crank is not a "steel" crank, it is cast. SCJ heads don't have 2.19 valves either. You aren't dealing with run of the mill people here, there are the best BBF minds on the planet that reside here, and we are here to learn and help others. If you would provide some casting #'s and pics, we would be more than willing to identify what you have and give you loads of info on it. This applies to the crank you have also.:)
Schools in session! The folks that reside here live, sleep, and eat the 385 series.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Houston Motor

What part of town are you in ??
Motor out of car ??
What size socket do you need to remove the sparkplugs from the head ??

Thanks
Ron In Houston
Actually Mo City

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Sounds Like a great addition to My 1973 F350 4X4 Factory Highboy Super Cobrajet Police Interceptor Snow Fighter. ;)
You forgot, Light Weight Factory Super Stock 425 HP.........LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pistons needed

Hi anyone out there have a set of FLAT TOP pistons, or small domes for sale, used is OK as long as I can run them, for a while. Standard bore preferable, but what you got, and how much. poor boy need pistons , just bought heads so i'm about broke. Thank's, Randy Bass.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi anyone out there have a set of FLAT TOP pistons, or small domes for sale, used is OK as long as I can run them, for a while. Standard bore preferable, but what you got, and how much. poor boy need pistons , just bought heads so i'm about broke. Thank's, Randy Bass.
You need to start your own thread with what you're looking for in the title to get more responses.

Just trying to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts