460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
What size/type of header did you use when you dyno’d you’re engine? My plan was 2 1/8 primaries with a welded merge collector. I might be interested in the ice engine works kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What size/type of header did you use when you dyno’d you’re engine? My plan was 2 1/8 primaries with a welded merge collector. I might be interested in the ice engine works kit.
The dyno headers were 1 7/8 , I made mine 2", I tried 2 1/8 but wasn't enough room. So the modeling kit was 2", they don't make 2 1/8. If your going with merge collectors call Coen Eng as theirs are build your own and very easy and nice stuff! I would've used stainless but its way more $$ and more involved to weld, needs back purged.
There is a learning curve with the modeling kit but its worth it. I could give pointers on that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had looked at the Ice kits and knew that they didn’t offer a 2 1/8. Thanks for the tip, I’ll look up Coen and see what they offer. I’ve read a lot of arguments for and against back purging stainless, I’m only a hobby welder so I don’t know what the right answer is. I agree that the material cost alone for the stainless is a deterrent.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts