460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 Torino GT with a 302 boss bone stock!! I would like to start a build but a part I’ve been hunting for I have no clue where to find! I’m looking for a 3 2 barrel carburetor Set up anyone know where to locate this or have one made! Also anyone ever ran a set up like this is it even worth it to get one

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have a 69 Torino GT with a 302 boss bone stock!! I would like to start a build but a part I’ve been hunting for I have no clue where to find! I’m looking for a 3 2 barrel carburetor Set up anyone know where to locate this or have one made! Also anyone ever ran a set up like this is it even worth it to get one
Boss 302 in a Torino convertible, stock? We'd love to know the VIN and see some documentation.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have learned over the years never say never when it came to oddball Ford production from back in the day, but in this case, never. Fifth digit on the VIN should be a G and 4-speed only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll go outside later when it gets a little warmer and go take some pictures so I can prove I have what I say I have!! If i upload the pictures then can I get some assistance on where I can find what I looking for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boss 302 in a Torino convertible, stock? We'd love to know the VIN and see some documentation.
I’ll also send pictures any thing in particular you want in the pic so you know it’s real want me to put a spoon on the hood or anything lol!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I’ll also send pictures any thing in particular you want in the pic so you know it’s real want me to put a spoon on the hood or anything lol!!!
No, no need for anything like that. Boss 302s came only in Cougars and Mustangs. Make sure to get us your VIN, just for fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, no need for anything like that. Boss 302s came only in Cougars and Mustangs. Make sure to get us your VIN, just for fun.
Ok I will get them I almost felt attacked about it but it’s sitting in the barn in my yard lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
A previous owner could have dropped one in I suppose. The Torino is 50+ years old, could have had a few engines along the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll get some more pic in a bit her are a few it’s going to be a project but it does run and will drive
Brown Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

Wood Finger Auto part Metal Bicycle part

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If someone knows something I don’t that would be awesome my grandfather got this car about 25 years ago for $1500 drove it to his house it sat ever since I gave it some fresh plugs wires set the crank to TDC new distributor cap and points rotor.. got a fuel can put the line from the mechanical pump in the fuel can to gravity feed and it fired right up!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Now, on the plus side, that makes rebuilding the 302 a lot cheaper/easier, and you can actually find used 3x2 intake manifolds for it. Holman Moody made one, and Edelbrock had the 5412, for instance. Start going to eBay or the like to find a used one. You can also get a dual quad intake easily as they are still made. You'll need to build the engine to handle the extra carburetion, don't just slap the set up on the old engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
summit had them in the catalog that take the holleys not the eddy three bolt.my understanding is you can get them but they are using the mag space for injection adds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts