460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD 1971 460 Ranchero Project.

Car is sold now. Hi guys, I've decided to try to sell my 1971 Ranchero project. It's a former drag car that I was going to build into a rat rod/daily driver type, but I'm getting close to done on my Mach 1, and the thought of another project right now is wearing me out just thinking of it :).....It's a basic car, not a GT or anything special, has a Boss 429 scoop. All the glass is perfect, all the chrome around the windows and on the bed rails is great, the door panels are red and in pretty good shape with just the passenger side having about an inch "nick" in the vinyl, the dash is black and PERFECT. The body is straight except for a very few normal door dings, and one 1/8" deep door long scrape on the bottom of the passenger's door-I didn't even notice it until I was loading it on the trailer it's so mild. Missing most of the trim that goes on the bottom and sides, but I was just going to shave it all anyway. Both rear quarters are rusty behind the wheels where the trim was, and the floor behind the seat is bad like they all are, but otherwise extremely solid. Bumpers are chrome and good. Grille is ok-the surrounds are cracked, but the grilles are in perfect shape, and I got a used emblem for it now. It has four wheel drums and the fronts are brand new just rebuilt, has a new line lock already mounted and ready to be hooked up. The engine compartment is painted black and detailed fairly well. I have two sets of gauges and a LOT of miscellaneous parts for it.
I've got a complete 460 out of an 78 LTD that had 80,000 original miles, and it ran perfect when I pulled it. I have the pan off it right now for inspection, and everything looks great. I bought a 68-71 timing set for it, a used Edelbrock Performer intake, and have a good used 750 cfm vacuum secondary Holley for it, as well. The C6 trans that goes with it had been rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago, and it had a new stock converter installed at that time. It shifted and worked like a champ in the wagon before I pulled it. I've got solid motor mounts and some decent "Power by Ford" valve covers that go with it, and two different radiators, as well. I've got some brand new Polaris RZR seats that I was going to use (about $800 for the pair new) that go with it. It's sitting on crappy chrome wagon wheels with tires good enough for rolling around the shop, the drag radials and drag stars pictured do NOT go with the vehicle. I have two new 3 inch Summit chambered race mufflers that I'll include. It's going to be a great cruiser for someone, I just haven't got the heart to do a big project again right now. I'll include a bill of sale with it, obviously, because the title was lost. But if it's a huge deal, I'll apply for a new title (only about $30 here in Montana, and takes about a month after the "man" comes and inspects it). I know the owners back to three owners ago, and he had the title, just truthfully lost it, so not going to be a big deal for me to get a new one if it's sold. I just haven't had the time yet.
I'd like $1500, but I'm open to offers. It's truly a great starting point with almost all the big stuff already purchased, just needs put together. Here's some pics, and I'll get more posted up tomorrow of it in it's current state in my garage. PM or call me at 406-2 ONE 4-5 THREE 97. If you're a new unknown member here, I would prefer the phone call type to avoid scammers. Feel free to ask any questions here, I check back everyday except for weekends. Car is in Hamilton, MT. Thanks! CAR IS SOLD!

Lucas

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rest of pics

Forgot, it's also got subframe connectors and a couple other cool things. I have all the marker lamps, etc., one taillight has a small crack from the move to the new house-that one made me really not happy :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More pics....haven't looked at it in a while-the door scrape is the passenger side and goes the full length of the door, but like stated earlier, not hardly noticeable and just a skim coat of filler will fix it. Car is truly cleaner than the pics make it look, but I want to show all the problems as best I can. The rear bumper looks like chit in this pic, but is really chrome and in good shape. As stated, I do have all the lights and lenses.

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll give you 50.00 bucks for the mufflers
Not looking to part it out...If it doesn't sell, I'll just keep slowly working on it like I've been doing until it's done. Besides, they're only $29.95 from Summit :D. They look to be a quality piece, and I liked the way they sounded on the youtube clips I watched.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump to the top...chucked a connecting rod through the block on my Jeep over the weekend. Gotta get rid of this to pay for my daily driver repairs now :(

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sale pending. Have a friend with a good 19 year old kid looking for his first real project, so letting him have it for next to nothing. Keep in touch if you're still interested, and I'll keep you posted. Gave him 2 weeks to come up with the money since he's just starting his summer job this Monday after his first year in college. Gotta try and keep the Ford faith going with the young guns :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts