460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This thing is pretty cool I can't wait to see how it turns out. Nice job on the detail work keep it up
Thanks, I’m pumped to. Been really busy, progress has slowed but I believe some free time is on the horizon.

Without pix it didn;t happen. Pls more pix.

I will I will....one of those things I hate. Gotta upload to bucket first.

I haven’t looked at this thread in a long time.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
You have REALLY come a LONG way with this build and I applaud your ingenuity and willingness to share specifics on your build. This is a well documented effort that will obviously prove very helpful to others who may undertake a similar project.

THANKS for sharing and I truly look forward to seeing the completed truck!

~BT

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pictures

Please do post pictures when you can, Also some final engine specs would be great. Love this build.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok, I’m gonna get serious about the pics. Started back working on it a little lately. I’m on the doors.....replacing the entire bottoms and passenger side had been wrecked and bondoed. Had a skin and the side convex portion doesn’t match the original. Will make that piece by hand.

Appreciate the interest and I’ll get on top of updating the thread in honor of that.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Gotten lots done. Basically all paint, assemble, interior and wiring left to do. I’ve got pics but organization is lacking and sure I missed a bunch.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Had to remove roof skin, rotted all the way around so I deleted drip rails, treated everything I possibly could that was hidden under roof.

Here I matched the side panel to door lines

New cab corners both sides

Doors needed bottoms, and passenger side had been in accident, it had 1/2” bondo on it so I had to correct that as best I could.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I cleaned up the firewall of holes, new floor boards made by me, corners, cowl delete cuz I had to cut vents out to get inside cowl to clean up, treat and paint with por-15....I dunno, there is lot more I just don’t have enough pics but I’m sure glad that it’s done. This is pic of the blasting.

Epoxy primed

Lizard skin sound deadener

Put cab on, mocked it up to get front tires sized up. Decided to go with much smaller tire rather than do fender mods.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)

Here I tore it back apart after running engine, bucket doesn’t support video now so I can’t show y’all the running. It was typical....fired right up but I do have a rear main seal leak. I was real diligent in doing that seal except I forgot to do the main cap to block surface with sealer. Also it has the small tire but forgot to pic it before disassembly.

Pic won’t load right.....

Random pic I came across,

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have more engine pics but photobucket is a pita and I’m out of time to mess with it.

Give me an opinion....silver or that old original blue/ turquoise color?

I’ll be continuing my documentation, but sure it will be slow with all the paint work.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I have more engine pics but photobucket is a pita and I’m out of time to mess with it.

Give me an opinion....silver or that old original blue/ turquoise color?

I’ll be continuing my documentation, but sure it will be slow with all the paint work.
I'm glad you got rid of the pink paint color. I didn't know if you were going to subsidize the project by selling Avon products or not...... LOL! Good job just for staying with a project of this undertaking. Funny how we romanticize how quick this is all going to happen and then a couple years later we still can't decide what color to paint it..... Ha! Good job!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm glad you got rid of the pink paint color. I didn't know if you were going to subsidize the project by selling Avon products or not...... LOL! Good job just for staying with a project of this undertaking. Funny how we romanticize how quick this is all going to happen and then a couple years later we still can't decide what color to paint it..... Ha! Good job!
Lol, yeah I grabbed any old rattle can we had left over and used them to keep surface rust at bay while setting in this humid climate here, pink was the first to go, haha. I’ve been at this build for total of about 10 1/2 months or so.....I actually bought the paint already....bout 2 months in....it is silver but I have had some changes in my mind. Learned a lesson, don’t pick a color AND BUY IT until you are very close to paint time......I’ll prolly just paint it silver....and later I might do a turquoise top half on it with orange pin strip to break it.

Thanks for the kind words

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Lol, yeah I grabbed any old rattle can we had left over and used them to keep surface rust at bay while setting in this humid climate here, pink was the first to go, haha. I’ve been at this build for total of about 10 1/2 months or so.....I actually bought the paint already....bout 2 months in....it is silver but I have had some changes in my mind. Learned a lesson, don’t pick a color AND BUY IT until you are very close to paint time......I’ll prolly just paint it silver....and later I might do a turquoise top half on it with orange pin strip to break it.

Thanks for the kind words
You are certainly welcome, you're working hard at it. Silver would be a good color for the truck in my opinion. Besides, at the cost of paint and catalyst these days, I'd even be more motivated to use the silver, bolt it together and drive it for awhile. Enjoy the effort for a little while....... :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts