460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone need a Donor Car with a 460 Drivetrain to use in building your next Hot Rod or Truck?

I hate to scrap it but I need it gone. This is a one of only 1 1974 460 Cougar XR-7. The Marti Report states no other Cougar was sold with the Option Package this car has and 91,670 other Cougars were sold in 1974.

The info is listed below. I will pull the drivetrain and some other parts and scrap it if I have to but surely someone has a project that could use all the parts in this car. Complete A/C as it came on the engine. Power Steering and related parts including Tilt Column and much more.

1974 Factory 460 4BBL Mercury Cougar XR-7 for Parts or to Restore.

I rebuilt the Engine with New Pistons and all related parts just a few months before being parked in 1988 and there were no issues. My insurance went to triple what I was paying after an accident so I parked it and only drove my truck.
There are Rust Issues with some of the body but I cleaned the gas tank, fuel lines, and carb and started the engine several years ago after it had sat for about 15 years and it ran great with no issues.

Use it for a Donor Car and put the 460 engine, C-6 Trans, and 9 inch 3:25 Rear in a pick up or street rod. Use the Power Seats, Pwr Steering, Pwr Window Motors and Tilt Wheel in a Project. All numbers matching.

Buy the whole car for only $3,000.00. Get what you want and take the rest to the Scrap Yard for Scrap Steel Prices and get some of the money back.

Still has Factory Clock, Tach, Gauges, and AM/FM Stereo 8 Track Tape Deck. Disc Brake Spindles, supposed to have a posi 28 spline 3:25 gear, Sway Bars, Too much to think about. Leather Interior, Delayed Wipers, Power Door Locks. Call me at, 704-516-8033. I have a Clear NC Title.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts