•RPM Range idle-5000
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Holley 750 Vacuum Secondary Dual Inlet
Hedders 1.75 3" Collector flow master 40 3" and X pipe
HEI Ignitions
Rebuild w/ shift kit C6
Auburn pro differential
?????
Does this sound good for the street any info would be great this is my first big ford build

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes it sounds good for a mild street truck. If you are not planning to go to a larger, or more high performance engine, in the furture, you might want to go with 2 1/2" exhaust, for more low and midrange torque. Don't forget the 68-71 stait up timing chain set, as it also wakes the later engines up alot also.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Alburn Posi

I think I would go wit a Ford 4 pinion Traction Loc and 31 slpine axles if you don't have them allready. They are easy to rebuild, and parts and clutches are cheap, and readly available. My first choice would be a 187 SL Detroit Locker. They are the new Soft Locker, and can be found for about the same price as the Alburn, slightly used, say $250-350 or so. I have a couple, and you hardly notice them in turns, unlike the old Detroits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the bottom end is in good shape was not long gone through motor ran like a new one just want a little better sound
it has a 9" N with 31 spine axle open now going with the auburn pro LS best I understand they are put a 4 year ex. warranty ?? on replacement
it has the D3VE heads

·
Registered
479 Posts
Cam Sound

If you are going from a stock cam you will notice a little difference in idle, but I don't think very muck with the 112 LS and the spit duration. I had a Ford Svo cam real close to your specs. 214-224 .510.536, with Rhoads lifters which also takes a little idle duration and lift out in a 351M which is over a 100 cubes less and it was pretty smooth. Should run reaaly good and get decent mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts