460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 77 F150 with a 460 nearly identical to the one I bought at 15 years old. Same color everything. Originally I was wanting to do a Coyote swap but the I think keeping the 460 may be the more cost effective option. Hopefully this site can help me attain my goals with this truck. For now I just want everything working and running properly. Eventually a 500hp daily driver friendly clean truck is my goal.

·
Registered
1970 Galaxie 429
3 Posts
I recently acquired a 77 F150 with a 460 nearly identical to the one I bought at 15 years old. Same color everything. Originally I was wanting to do a Coyote swap but the I think keeping the 460 may be the more cost effective option. Hopefully this site can help me attain my goals with this truck. For now I just want everything working and running properly. Eventually a 500hp daily driver friendly clean truck is my goal.

·
Registered
1970 Galaxie 429
3 Posts
Hello,
I am new here too. I joined to ask some questions about performing a 460 swap to a 1969 Ranger XLT. I owned a 1977 F100 Trailer Towing special with a 460. It was very similar to yours. Can you tell me if it uses a 2 piece driveshaft? This is some thing I have been unable to find. I would like to know if this 2 piece driveshaft MUST be used on this swap or if I can switch to a one piece. I have several 460's and transmissions, but I can find no information on the driveshaft. I would like to be able to go to a single piece shaft, and find the correct trans tail shaft. Do you have any pictures of the driveshaft in your truck? If you do please post them. Thank You!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts