460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 40 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
NICE !!!! Lots of nice parts you have there ! Keep the pics coming, I am currently building a 79 Fairmont with a 545, P-51, C6, Mini tubbed
View attachment 32257

View attachment 32265

View attachment 32273

View attachment 32281
Bottlefed,

You lookin good man!

I see you went with a motor plate - I like the cool paint job on it and the valve covers.

Hey - how much horse power you planning for?

I got my 557 being built over at Cars by Carl....man I been waiting since April and it probably wont be finished until August (jeeze)!....but I think it will be worth the wait:cool:

I cant wait to feel the 750 - 800 hp under my right foot.

I took pics of my parts, but I need to shrink the size so I can upload them....just havent figured out how to do it since I got my new computer - lol.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bottlefed,

You lookin good man!

I see you went with a motor plate - I like the cool paint job on it and the valve covers.

I got my 557 being built over at Cars by Carl....man I been waiting since April and it probably wont be finished until August (jeeze)!....but I think it will be worth the wait:cool:

I took pics of my parts, but I need to shrink the size so I can upload them....just havent figured out how to do it since I got my new computer - lol.
I figured it out (pictures)......here is one of the fuel cell still in the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
These are Hooker headers with ceramic coating.

I have a set of 3.5 inch electric exhaust cut outs but they are not shown in this picture (just the turn down and cut out).

AJE tubular k member.

RRC 20 gallon fuel cell.

March single groove pulleys.

Harwood 4 inch cowl induction hood.

Unisteer manual rack and pinion.

Cant wait to hear the cut outs open up:D

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
These are Hooker headers with ceramic coating.

I have a set of 3.5 inch electric exhaust cut outs but they are not shown in this picture (just the turn down and cut out).

AJE tubular k member.

RRC 20 gallon fuel cell.

March single groove pulleys.

Harwood 4 inch cowl induction hood.

Unisteer manual rack and pinion.

Cant wait to hear the cut outs open up:D
More pics.....

C6 rebuilt by Speed Unlimited with TCI reverse manual valve body and TCI R Servo. Also have a TCI Ultimate Streetfighter torque converter.

Manual Brake kit.

Strange Double adjustable struts - they will have the AJE coil over kit on them.

AJE Caster Camber Plates.

TCI Mini High torque starter.

I have more ...soon as I get pics of all this stuff, but you get the idea.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bottlefed,

You lookin good man!

AWESOME ! You have some VERY nice parts, your car should fly!
Im looking for 800hp as Im 13.6:1

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
AWESOME ! You have some VERY nice parts, your car should fly!
Im looking for 800hp as Im 13.6:1
Wow....13:1!!!!

You gonna be way over 800hp man....probably more like 1000 +.

In contrast Ill be at approx 10.5:1 running pump gas = 750 - 800hp.

Your moda gonna be a beast!

You gonna need somemore rubber out back!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wow....13:1!!!!

You gonna be way over 800hp man....probably more like 1000 +.

In contrast Ill be at approx 10.5:1 running pump gas = 750 - 800hp.

Your moda gonna be a beast!

You gonna need somemore rubber out back!

lol, Thanks but I dont think its gonna make that much power, I already mini tubbed my car
PS I started a build thread.....http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192513

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was wondering if you could post a pic or two of how the Alston kit attatches at the rear of the car. I am ordering the Alston 4-link kit for my '78 Zephyr Z7 and there doesn't seem to be much "car" to attatch the frame rails to. You can pm me or send it to [email protected]
Thanks,
Jaymie
Zephyr's forever...

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Im watching you guys, a build in my head (after I get this 67 Mustang done) is a Pro Street or tribute Pro Stock T-bird, form the 80s, shoe box type.
Are the T birds and Zephyrs the same platform -

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice build..

Bajarick Wow nice build.. I am in the Baltimore area as well.. I would like to put a 557 in my T-Bird build in the future but for now will just move the motor over from my 86 coupe (504) over and upgrade to my Blue Thunder Heads (Eddy heads worked over by the MAD porter currently) and a mild 700 roller cam (680 flat tappet cam currently) and Hat injection system (Rons terminator injection currently). Keep up the good work and good luck with your build.. Will also keep an eye out for tail lights.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Bajarick Wow nice build.. I am in the Baltimore area as well.. I would like to put a 557 in my T-Bird build in the future but for now will just move the motor over from my 86 coupe (504) over and upgrade to my Blue Thunder Heads (Eddy heads worked over by the MAD porter currently) and a mild 700 roller cam (680 flat tappet cam currently) and Hat injection system (Rons terminator injection currently). Keep up the good work and good luck with your build.. Will also keep an eye out for tail lights.
Thanks for the kind words.

Moving your motor from the 86 coupe sounds good.

I was looking at the fuel injection units, but for that price I can buy 3 dominators - I like the Dominators.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Im watching you guys, a build in my head (after I get this 67 Mustang done) is a Pro Street or tribute Pro Stock T-bird, form the 80s, shoe box type.
Are the T birds and Zephyrs the same platform -
Yes - the T Birds of the same year are also Fox Body units.:D

It ought to be a sweet ride.

They weren't running many of the birds at the drags tho - it was the Fairmont or the zephyr.

I think the birds were being run mostly in NASCAR.

Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was wondering if you could post a pic or two of how the Alston kit attatches at the rear of the car. I am ordering the Alston 4-link kit for my '78 Zephyr Z7 and there doesn't seem to be much "car" to attatch the frame rails to. You can pm me or send it to [email protected]
Thanks,
Jaymie
Zephyr's forever...
Jaymie,

I didn't install the back half, but Ill try to take some pics and post them.

Im sure the kit should install real nice tho.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Yes - the T Birds of the same year are also Fox Body units.:D

It ought to be a sweet ride.

They weren't running many of the birds at the drags tho - it was the Fairmont or the zephyr.

I think the birds were being run mostly in NASCAR.

Thanks for watching!
I miss typed, I am thinking late 70s like a 78 /9 I want to say Glidden ran one. I gotta do some research! But I always liked that small boxy T bird, looked a lot like a Zeph.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I miss typed, I am thinking late 70s like a 78 /9 I want to say Glidden ran one. I gotta do some research! But I always liked that small boxy T bird, looked a lot like a Zeph.
Glidden ran the 78 Ford Fairmont.

Later he ran the ealry 83/84 Tbird, later he went to the Probe.

The Fairmonts and Zephyrs were (a little) more aerodynamic than the TBirds of the same year.

Ford did not come out with the "aero" look TBirds until '83.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Glidden ran the 78 Ford Fairmont.

Later he ran the ealry 83/84 Tbird, later he went to the Probe.

The Fairmonts and Zephyrs were (a little) more aerodynamic than the TBirds.
Here are some pics of 81 and 83 TBirds (81 on the left, 83 on the right).

I havent seen any 81 TBird drag cars in Pro Stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Thanks,
Jaymie
Zephyr's forever...
HeyJaymie:

I finally got to take some picks of the back half.

You have to excuse the rust and cobb webs, the car has been sitting outside for a while - but that's all about to change.

Some of them need to be rotated to see them properly.

Looks like the floor was cut out per the kit instructions and the new frame rails and cross members were installed.

First pic is from the rear bumper looking forward - you can see the floor cut, the front cross member to the kit, with the front ladder bar connections.

Second pic is looking up from the ground towards the underside of the rear bumper where the rear of the sub frame attaches to the trunk floor.

Third pic is looking forward from bumper towards front of car - you can see frame rail go over the axle towards the front of the sub frame.

Fourth and fifth pics show the upper shock cross member with attaching points.

Seems like once you get the floor cut out according to pattern you just lay it in and weld it up.

Anyone got any tips for tuning one of these set ups??

Attachments

21 - 40 of 419 Posts