460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the forum and would like to share my 1982 GT project. I actually built this car 2 years ago with very little help and a very tight budget.
- 466 with flat tops
- stock d3 heads
- torker2 intake/850 holley
- generic .520 lift cam
- manual c4 transmission, pa 4000 convertor
- 9" rear with 3.50 gears
- team z rear control arms
- my own motor mounts
- dynatech header kit

Goal was to keep it looking kinda stealthy under the stock hood. It was a success...plus on some shakedown 1/4 mile passes, I was rewarded with numerous 12.0 @ 110 mph time slips with 1.65 60'.

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
You gotta show us how you got it all under that hood, even with that little "wart" of a scoop! Would love to see some pics.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You gotta show us how you got it all under that hood, even with that little "wart" of a scoop! Would love to see some pics.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
Will do, but there's no show car bling under the hood...I forgot to add that I made 2" k-member spacers to make everything fit just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even with the mild build and iron heads, I still managed a 1.65 60' with a little air under the front tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Nice ride. Never apologize for what it looks like under the hood......pretty don't make fast!
With that MPH, there's high 11s in there. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice ride. Never apologize for what it looks like under the hood......pretty don't make fast!
With that MPH, there's high 11s in there. Good luck.
Thanks!
I figured there were high 11's in it, but as it turns out, the transmission was slowly going away...as of right now it's roached!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
C4 transmission rebuild

Got up the nerve to do my 1st transmission rebuild...car is all back together and has a few miles on it. So far, all is well!
Modifications include;
- Broader Performance transbrake valvebody,
- Broader Performance modified 6 disk forward drum/clutch pack, and 6 disk intermediate drum/clutch pack with oil modification
- PA hardened input shaft
There are still a few mods that need to be done, but this should handle my current power level and some of the engine mods that I plan in the near future.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts