460 Ford Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounding good. :) Cant wait to see how it runs now with the changes you made. I once had a 81 coupe with that 82 GT hood scoop(yep I cut a hole in the hood lol). Was spoze to be a big block car as I already had a 90 5.0 Stang But life got in the way and it ended up with a low compression 351W(low 12's on 87 octane). Both cars went away 10+ yrs ago(life again). You car is making me get fired up again. Love the "4 eyed" fox Stangs.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Sounds awesome, what kind of mufflers you use, and how big.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been collecting parts most of the winter, now it's time to start putting this thing together.
The list of parts include;
- Ford Motorsport SCJ heads
- scorpion rocker arms
- Ford racing balancer
- RM Competition (Randy Malik) spec custom solid lifter cam
- Victor intake
- 1050 dominator that's being sent out to Mark Sullens for an E85 conversion
- I still need to measure and order push rods after everything is mocked up
- I've also picked up a new B&M trans pan for my C4 trans
- I still need axles, spool, and drive shaft for safety
What made you choose the FRPP balancer? I'm debating upon using it or the ATI.
I'm also considering using Randy for a cam as well. Any feedback on this experience?

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I'm also considering using Randy for a cam as well. Any feedback on this experience?
I used Randy for some machine work. He is a good guy and does good work. I'd do more business with him. I have no regrets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I chose the FRPP balancer based on the opinion of the majority of the builders between the 2 BBF sites. All claim it's a decent balancer for my power level.
Randy knows his stuff and comes across as a no nonsense kind of person. He gave me a list of specifics that he needed to know about my engine/cylinder head combo along with some specifics about transmission/converter, gear ratio, vehicle weight....you get the picture. When I had everything figured out, I sent him the list and called him to go over everything. So far, I like it...but I don't have much seat time yet due to other issues I've been dealing with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It’s been quite a while since my last update. I had some engine issues last season and never got any decent runs...Fresh short block with scat h-beam rods, probe flat top pistons, Kaase oil pump combined with my SCJ heads and cam from the original combo. (Still 466 cubes).
Spent a lot of time last summer refining and tuning the combo. I was rewarded with an off the trailer 10.70 @ 129.xx miles per hour. This was a foot brake launch and only shifting 6,200-6,300 rpm.
There’s plenty more left in it. I just have to wait for spring!

Attachments

41 - 53 of 53 Posts