460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1985 Ford Mustang GT

This is a very quick serious street strip car. Consistent 5 second 1/8 mile car with a best of 5.79 @ 120 and should be easily capable of 9.0 in the quarter mile.

572 Big Block Ford. 900+ Horsepower. Ford MotorSport A460 Block, A460 Heads. Professionally ported by Charlie Evans, Full Comp Roller valvetrain. Forged Crower crank and Rods. Engine originally built by Joe Lopine and recently freshened by Line Performance (NHRA Pro Stock). 1250 Dominator, Star Racing Vacuum pump, Kaase Pump, Canton Pan, Accusump, custom headers full exhaust, etc.

JW. 2 speed full roller racing tranny, 1.80 straight cut gear, Hipster Trans-Brake, Custom Stall Convertor, Custom Driveshaft and Mark Williams Yokes, Fully welded, narrowed, braced, 8.8 with new 4.3 gears, almost every improvement possible has been done to this differential. Have a spare set of 3.73’s as well.

Nicely done and nearly hidden Full cage, recently recertified. Kirkey seats, power windows, Autometer Gauges, B&M shifter, etc. Full ProStock Product Engineering Fuel system. Full MSD ignition with computer tunable timing controls.

Lakewood drag struts, Afco springs all around, Dialed in Team Z back suspension and Strange brakes at all corners. Mickey Thompson wheels all around, DOT Street Strip tires Front and Rear. Spare set of new DOT slick for next season.

Tons more but I’m sure you get the idea.

This car is no joke and is not some junk. It drives very well. Needs Nothing. Take it to the track and race. I don’t have time anymore hopefully you do. I just can’t see it sitting around anymore. Have video’s and more pictures if desired.

Click for a slower pass:

$22,000

Brenden Howe
701-240-5609

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
I was in minot a few times last summer and visited magic city dragway. Neat lil track btw....
hoped you'd be running the mustang but never saw ya.
Anyways, neat car. Good luck w the sale.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dirt_worker I was only able to race it one day because I spend too much time working the track. I run the computer, help prep the track, announce, etc. No seat time sucks and I'm sick of it but its difficult to find people to help work the track.

Stop by and say Hello sometime. I'm always there.

Derek possibly what do you have in mind?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's my trade:

http://www.mautofied.com/1987-Ford-Blown-Alcohol-Mustang_race-cars/listing/100593519/

Currently converting to carbs and E85 for the street. Carbs just returned from Horsepower Innovations in MI. Flowed 830 cfm. Originally were Pro Systems alcohol carbs. Adding a Powermaster 130A 3G alternator and cooling fan. Also switching to smoked one piece headlights. All lights work. Truly one of a kind. Lightweight and fast.

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
440 Posts
1976 F250 Ranger XLT Camper Special. 397 FE makes about 300-325 H.P. and over 400 ft/lbs. Gone through top to bottom. Not a frame off resto or anything, just a well kept truck.

Derek.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Derek,

Why don't you shoot me a txt or pm about what you have in mind. I have 3 trucks now but if it could work out. Thanks.

Brenden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts