460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rv all of a sudden dropped oil pressure made it home safely dropped the pan changed the oil pump and screen and tube. Also the sensor still zero pressure oil comes out of the sensor port as well as the oil filter I’m on a time crunch for a job in Kansas from California any advice please

·
Registered
887 Posts
Put a temporary mechanical gauge on the rear block port and verify that you still have no oil pressure.

Does it feel like it’s running on all 8 cylinders? No loss of power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put a temporary mechanical gauge on the rear block port and verify that you still have no oil pressure.

Does it feel like it’s running on all 8 cylinders? No loss of power?
I used a gauge oil comes out of the port without the gauge but with the gauge on I still get no pressure recently did a tuneup spark plugs wires etc. it did lose power when the oil pressure went out now it sounds strong but has a tick on the driver side that it never had before like the oil isn’t getting to the lifters

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a gauge oil comes out of the port without the gauge but with the gauge on I still get no pressure recently did a tuneup spark plugs wires etc. it did lose power when the oil pressure went out now it sounds strong but has a tick on the driver side that it never had before like the oil isn’t getting to the lifters
Only 22k on the motor

·
Registered
887 Posts
Pull both valve covers and make sure the valvetrain is all in tack. If a pushrod is out of place a lifter could have popped out of its bore which would be a major pressure loss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts