460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has to go. I'm wanting to get $12,000 out of it which I believe is fair. Currrently it's at C's Diesel Performance in South Florida, the front pump on the transmission was replaced today, along with the front and rear seals, the trans was also disassembled, and gone through today along with new filter and fluid, I paid extra for them to go through and check everything just for piece of mind. They are solving a problem with an injector as we speak, the #1 was replaced yesterday, and also the CPS and IPR were replaced on Saturday. The truck will be in perfect running order once I sell it. It should be finished tomorrow or the day after. The tires on it are basically new (5000 miles) so is the exhaust (Magnaflow turbo back) 1000 miles ago. All the bearings and seals were replaced on the front end last weekend. The mileage is

There's some scratches dents and dings on the truck, I went to two separate places and they told me $850ish to repair everything and paint the truck, if I supply a new tailgate skin, and hood. The cup holder works but is broken on the inside. Everything works in the truck except the power window switch for the mirrors to move right. And the little PRND21 thing is missing :shrug: who knows where it went.

I do have pix of the truck. I've put a lot of money into it in the last few weeks, this is a work truck, it's not pretty. But it does serve it's purpose very well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JSracing said:
mileage is?
Just came back from the shop. They basically rebuilt the transmission, new clutches, new front pump, new seals, new forks, new torque convertor etc

not sure what my bill will be once its done but I must remain firm at $12k to anyone who may be interested

I have title in hand, and may can offer delivery at a discounted rate

·
Registered
967 Posts
i dont want to offend anybody but 12k is a little steep for a 226k mi truck in rough shape.good luck though. 6-8k is about the norm in that shape.but who knows sombody might just have to have it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
torino501 said:
i dont want to offend anybody but 12k is a little steep for a 226k mi truck in rough shape.good luck though. 6-8k is about the norm in that shape.but who knows sombody might just have to have it.
how is the truck in rough shape? The transmission was just rebuilt, the interior is perfect, mechanically its fine, injectors just needed replacing, new tires, and always taken care of and maintained? show me where you could get a F350 XLT model for 6-8k that has been taken care of and not dogged out. show me a 99+ F350 in general for $6k

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Thats not real out of line, they bring a lot of money in these parts.

looks to be a spitin' image of mine. I paid 18500 for it and went through the tranny, did some injector work, and a bunch of other mods to make it real sound and dependable.

Mine did only have 80,000 miles on it though.

Diesel is cheaper than gas...for the moment.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Yep. Demand and geographical location dictate truck prices.

I paid 12K for my 01 F250 Lariat C/C SRW. It had 228K miles on it too. Both KBB and NADA said the price should be around 18K from a private seller. More from a dealer. You know what, they were right. I jumped on mine for 12K.

I've spent about 500 bucks on parts on it so far fixing a bunch of little things that kept it from running optimal. Other than that just normal maintenance stuff..... Plus I like the fact that with the 90hp Diablosport programmer it'll pull like a freight train from 55mph on up...... It's got over 260K miles on it now.

Oh and since it warmed up it knocks down 19-21mpg to/from work...... Not bad for a quarter million mile truck that weighs over 7000 lbs!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I paid 10.5K for a 96 F350 7.3 Powerstroke 4 door one year ago. It has 83K miles on it, and it had 81 when I bought it. It's loaded with turn over hidden ball, spray in bed liner, sattelite Supertuner 3 sound system, aluminum tool box, cab and running board lights, brake controller, aftermarket 44 gallon tank in front and real Ford aluminum wheels not simulators.

I think I did OK

Your truck IMO is worth what you're asking. I just don't buy anything with over 100K on it even a deisel. Just me though. It isnt hurt with those miles on it, Im sure. heck 100K is just barely broke in for a 7.3L

·
Registered
967 Posts
easy there sprayed .......i said i didnt want to offend anyone.i stand correted i did the kbb.com and that truck should bring 13.9 retail in excellent cond,privat 11,4 trade 9,1 this is all excellent condition.just from what i see and what you,ve said i would say fair condition. and you can knock 2k off the above prices.best of luck though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
torino501 said:
easy there sprayed .......i said i didnt want to offend anyone.i stand correted i did the kbb.com and that truck should bring 13.9 retail in excellent cond,privat 11,4 trade 9,1 this is all excellent condition.just from what i see and what you,ve said i would say fair condition. and you can knock 2k off the above prices.best of luck though.
well my price is $12k when the right buyer comes along they'll get it, I have 3 DRW F-350's its not hurting me one bit to keep it, I have the title and its paid for.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
torino501 said:
sold today for $12k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts