460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
turbo 2.3

Very cool. I still have my SVO and plan to get it going again soon. I like the turbo 4 engines. I have 3 turbo 4 cyl. cars . One is going back together right now. Tres...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I was (no longer) actually thinking about doing one of these instead of a BBF for my 65 Falcon... I would still like to do a project with one, maybe a Fox like yours.

There are a few really good sites out there for them. Nice ride!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had a 91 Mustang w/ a 2.3t while in college. That car was a ton of fun!!!

The turbo was a HX35 from a Dodge Cummins., the intercooler was a from a Ford Powerstroke and was cut down to fit (it sorta fit), and everything else was DIY. I learned soooo much working on that car :D.

If I can't sell my 96 Mustang at a reasonable price, I will put a 2.3t in it and make a track car out of it.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What mods does your Mustang have?

Have a good day!
Michael

Aside from the 88TC mill and the T5 swap none.
Its a 10psi mild daily driver. Its still 50X faster than the NA 2.3 auto I chucked out of it.

I need to keep it dependable so it'll stay mild. I have the 70 Fairlane for the fun stuff

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Aside from the 88TC mill and the T5 swap none.
Its a 10psi mild daily driver. Its still 50X faster than the NA 2.3 auto I chucked out of it.

I need to keep it dependable so it'll stay mild. I have the 70 Fairlane for the fun stuff
Yes, the 2.3 NA is very slow!!! One of the great things about turbo engines is that many 'upgrades' increase hp #'s, but don't affect the drivability. Intercooler upgrade, turbo upgrade, ect won't affect your 'parking lot manners'. When I sold my car, I had it set to run 28 psi on pump gas (the long block was 100% stock ---> lots of restriction). The guy I sold it to upgraded the injectors (I had it setup with a fifth injector), put MegaSquirt on it, and some drag radials and ran 12.30 on his first visit to the track with the car. Remember, it had a 100% stock long block w/ 100k+ miles.

Nice truck In The background there
Yes, that was another college vehicle :). That truck was 110% Redneck, but my girlfriend (now my wife) loved it as much as I did. Half the grill was black, half the grill was silver. One mirror was chrome, one mirror was black. It had one semi-sized mud flap, but the other was missing... :D When I was in college, I lived in an ethnically and financially diverse (PC?) neighborhood. I stood out like a sore thumb :D.

Interestingly, that truck was a 3/4 ton shortbed. At some point, somebody put the short bed on it and sectioned the frame.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Yes, that was another college vehicle :). That truck was 110% Redneck, but my girlfriend (now my wife) loved it as much as I did. Half the grill was black, half the grill was silver. One mirror was chrome, one mirror was black. It had one semi-sized mud flap, but the other was missing... :D When I was in college, I lived in an ethnically and financially diverse (PC?) neighborhood. I stood out like a sore thumb :D.

Interestingly, that truck was a 3/4 ton shortbed. At some point, somebody put the short bed on it and sectioned the frame.

Have a good day!
Michael
It aint to bad lookin, and the mirrors that is how mine is I got a black one on drivers side and the crome or silver on the Pass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts